JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Aren't danishes technically Austrian? Or at least created by an Austrian?
Hardly makes a danish, well, Danish.
The Austrians are supposedly responsible for the puff pastry used in the danish as well as the croissant, so take that for what it's worth.

It's still good eats. Certainly better than some middle eastern contributions. Like roast goat on a stick with yogurt.

The problem is that they are very athletic people. Get exercise and get tough. I recommend BBQ or braising unless you get them really young. Otherwise just make it all sausage.

Belgians are much nicer. Soft and docile you can usually get some steaks
So if you eat a Dane, make Danish!

The Austrians are supposedly responsible for the puff pastry used in the danish as well as the croissant, so take that for what it's worth.

It's still good eats. Certainly better than some middle eastern contributions. Like roast goat on a stick with yogurt.
Drop the yogurt and you have a deal!

As a person of Swedish and Danish descent, I find this topic confusing since no one is talking about eating a Swede o_O

But more importantly, why do we ask for an individual cutting tool and call it 'scissors' as if there's more than one? If I scissor-kick someone to the head, shouldn't it be "scissors-kick"?

I fear I may have reached the end of the Internet :rolleyes:

As a person of Swedish and Danish descent, I find this topic confusing since no one is talking about eating a Swede o_O

But more importantly, why do we ask for an individual cutting tool and call it 'scissors' as if there's more than one? If I scissor-kick someone to the head, shouldn't it be "scissors-kick"?

I fear I may have reached the end of the Internet :rolleyes:
Because scissors are really just two knives attached to eachother, old world method for cutting wool or shearing sheep.

I'd call a machete an entry level knife. Now the claymore, THAT'S a knife. :rolleyes:
You dishonor such a fine blade, sir!
I'm guessing given the chance (and the right dykes) most guys would prefer that over pliers ?
yeah, who cares how many pliers you have when you're waist deep in intertidal water.
We are talking tools aren't we?:confused:
Depends on how you see Danes?
If you google hot danish, you have to scroll quite a ways to see a pastry, it's not an unpleasant exercise.
i saw some me meat between buns, and never actually saw a pastry. Odd how mostly pictures of Danes came up tho.

i saw some me meat between buns, and never actually saw a pastry. Odd how mostly pictures of Danes came up tho.
IMG_0248.JPG
"Well that place was a rip off."

I clicked on this thinking it was about another form of eating pie. Mmmmm.

Technically, both you and your family are correct.

Eating is a transitive verb. It implies an action taken on an object.
Danish is a type of sweet bread. Much like pie is a type of dessert.

To wit: When asked the question, "what are you eating?" you would answer, "I'm eating bread," or, "I'm eating pie." Which is correct because it identifies the type of food you are eating. "Eating danish" falls into that same category. It does not imply singular or identify a specific one, like the determiner 'a' does in the case of 'a danish'.
So, while you eat danish, they can have a danish, one at a time.
As to eating Danes, yeah, they taste even better....

I clicked on this thinking it was about another form of eating pie. Mmmmm.

Technically, both you and your family are correct.

Eating is a transitive verb. It implies an action taken on an object.
Danish is a type of sweet bread. Much like pie is a type of dessert.

To wit: When asked the question, "what are you eating?" you would answer, "I'm eating bread," or, "I'm eating pie." Which is correct because it identifies the type of food you are eating. "Eating danish" falls into that same category. It does not imply singular or identify a specific one, like the determiner 'a' does in the case of 'a danish'.
So, while you eat danish, they can have a danish, one at a time.
As to eating Danes, yeah, they taste even better....

Wow, were such an erudite bunch on this forum! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads