JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lack of or the use of an article in spoken English is some what now optional. American spoken English can vary greatly and still be considered grammouricky corrects or rites. It don't matters. Eithers ways ist correct.

Who gives a feces ... er ... heck! . :)

edited by HB of CJ for puncuations, grammours, sintaxes and stuff, danglings partacycles, speellling, etc.

I'm being absolutely serious! I must WIN this argument. If you, for example, are serving those pastries at a breakfast or something, can you describe it as, "Have some danish..." Or must you say, "Have a danish..." or "Eat some danishes"? Is "danish" like "cake" where you can say, "I am eating cake" as correctly as, "I am eating a cake"?

Alternatively, am I absolutely out of my mind for even asking such a stupid question?:eek:

If you brought the danish pastries, you win. If they brought the danish pastries, they win. Basically, whoever (whomever?) purchased and brought the things wins. Either way, say it with your mouth full of danish. hehehehe

If you brought the danish pastries, you win. If they brought the danish pastries, they win. Basically, whoever (whomever?) purchased and brought the things wins. Either way, say it with your mouth full of danish. hehehehe
Applies to beer too. Normally whoever brings beer wins the which beer is better contest. That's why I make sure to bring my kind of beer. ;)

I'm impressed ... this weird thread has legs.

Actually, what Americans call Danish isn't Danish, but Austrian. The Danes adapted the pre-existing viennoiserie baking tradition by adding more egg and fat. In Norway, Sweden and Denmark it's called wienerbrød which translates as Viennese bread.

Years ago I worked for awhile with a guy that grew up speaking Danish at home, and didn't learn English until he went to grade school. He said that Danes describe their language as a disease of the throat.

FWIW, in conversation I'd probably say 'I'd like a danish" or "I prefer a danish to a dry biscuit."

P.S. ask weird questions, get unexpected answers.

Eating Great Danes:

wCY-TPam?format=jpg&name=600x314.jpg

China's dog meat festival opens despite ban rumours

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR