JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always hear of these miracle cleaners but alway see the "no aluminum" statement. My first 22 suppressor is a cheaper AAC with aluminum baffles. What can I use other than just scraping the big pieces with a plastic tool once in a while? Also, is there a titanium baffle one I can buy where I could just toss the baffles in a wet tumble with stainless pins? Maybe a pipe dream but if the ease of cleaning helps I'd sure shoot it a lot more.
I've got one aluminum can. I soak it in Gun cleaner overnight. Tends to loosen up some of the gunk. Scrub the rest off. The acid in the other stuff will eat aluminum.

You still dont need to take it apart for cleaning unless its a .22
I wouldn't say this is true. Pistol cans can get as dirty as rimfire over time. I have no idea if it affects performance or not, but they do get heavier. I'd imagine the loss of internal volume does change the ability to catch gases.

I think the adage is a dirty silencer is a quiet silencer.

Its lead thats the problem with .22's. It vaporizes and clings to the baffles. Carbon? Meh.

Some old vintage suppressors had wire screen mesh inside them and they would clog up over heavy use.

Built a few like that a long time ago. Ported /22 barrels with rolled up oven vent screens really do work well for about 50 rounds. Then they burn up. Blew a few up shooting the old Mac 10/45

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top