JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1640130726707.png

Well, tell you what....I approve.

Aloha, Mark

My best friend in high school got a Kaypro IV when he graduated from high school. Used it for a few years in college as well. It had WordStar and Perfect Suite of software. He had to buy a printer that took a while to print one page since was a daisy wheel printer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaypro
My first job out of college was for a Kaypro dealer. That was just about the time they were switching from CPM to DOS. I didn't understand either one.

My first job out of college was for a Kaypro dealer. That was just about the time they were switching from CPM to DOS. I didn't understand either one.
I majored in Computer Science, so I learning 6502 assembly language for the Apple II, and then under CP/M there was an 8080 assembler included with the CP/M software, I bought a Z80 assembly language processor as well. I was running a Franklin Ace 1000 computer which was a clone of the Apple II. I bought a CP/M card which had a Z80B processor with 64K of memory on that card and the Z80B ran at 4 mhz. The Franklin Ace 1000 had all of the memory on the main board I had a few memory chips failed but they were easy to replace. There was memory checking program had the X,Y location of the faulting memory chip. It also had a fan in the power supply as well to keep the board relatively cool. I bought few extra memory chips in case any went bad in the future. It was easy since the memory since all of memory chips were socketed.

I first learned AppleSoft Basic, then Pascal in college, then after college, a bit of 8086/88 assembly (enough to write an ISR), then C/C++, then Java - for the last 20+ years been writing Java apps.
Yep I did Pascal, lots of C code and Modula-2 code in college, Got my first few jobs doing C code and then later C++. I remember the original C++ ran a pre-compiler that changed C++ code into C code first and then ran the C compiler. I have doing Java since 1997 and still working with Java to this day. I also did a lot of Perl programming for one job as well.

Yep I did Pascal, lots of C code and Modula-2 code in college, Got my first few jobs doing C code and then later C++. I remember the original C++ ran a pre-compiler that changed C++ code into C code first and then ran the C compiler. I have doing Java since 1997 and still working with Java to this day. I also did a lot of Perl programming for one job as well.
I am done. I did a short project early this year and that was the last of it, now I am retired and wondering what to do with all my programming books - most of which are somewhat obsolete now.

I am done. I did a short project early this year and that was the last of it, now I am retired and wondering what to do with all my programming books - most of which are somewhat obsolete now.
Yes I have 3 full book cases and another half with all of my programming books as well. Used to have buy the Java programming books but know you so online searching and can see all kinds of code snippets to program now.

Yes I have 3 full book cases and another half with all of my programming books as well. Used to have buy the Java programming books but know you so online searching and can see all kinds of code snippets to program now.
And some of the books are online - like all but the latest edition of "Thinking in Java" and some can be had on Kindle/et. al.

Some of my books are still mostly current, some are dated but still have good info in them, but now that I am retired I just do not have any interest in them. Most have been sitting in the bookshelf for years, collecting dust - only about half a dozen made it to my office desk, and even then I was usually too busy to consult them, now I just ignore them. As much as I mostly enjoyed writing and designing code, it isn't enough to bother messing with it anymore - not after coding for 30+ years.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top