JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here it comes...

Infectious-disease outbreaks in Seattle homeless people concern health officials

King County public health officials are becoming increasingly concerned about a variety of outbreaks of serious infectious diseases among people who are homeless.

Seattle-King County Public Health is investigating outbreaks of Group A Streptococcus, shigella, and a rare group of infections transmitted by body lice among people who are homeless, as well as monitoring a potential outbreak of hepatitis A, a potentially fatal disease that spread in San Diego.

Uh, 164 cases in 2017 among hiv positive homeless men and 3 cases of the flea transmited disease is an outbreak?

Hep A is a potentially fatal disease? Out of the 586 stricken since sept 17, uh 20 passed or 3.4% and due to possible existing health problems from the individual's ages, homelessness, and/or illicit substance use, not sure of the agency's reach on their validity of their report?

There is no specific treatment for hepatitis A. Recovery from symptoms following infection may be slow and may take several weeks or months. Most important is the avoidance of unnecessary medications. Acetaminophen / Paracetamol and medication against vomiting should not be given.

Hospitalization is unnecessary in the absence of acute liver failure. Therapy is aimed at maintaining comfort and adequate nutritional balance, including replacement of fluids that are lost from vomiting and diarrhea.

As wild and woolly as things can be here in the hinterland, I'm still glad we're no where near a major population center. It doesn't take much imagination as to what would happen to public health in the event of a major disaster.

Take their word or...

this is just another "Broken Window Scheme". Send some people out to break windows to bring customers into a window repair shop.

Create a scare (like ebola virus) convince the authorities to spend a nominal ton of money, line insider's pockets with public money...go to work on the next scheme...

:rolleyes:

Here it comes...

Infectious-disease outbreaks in Seattle homeless people concern health officials

King County public health officials are becoming increasingly concerned about a variety of outbreaks of serious infectious diseases among people who are homeless.

Seattle-King County Public Health is investigating outbreaks of Group A Streptococcus, shigella, and a rare group of infections transmitted by body lice among people who are homeless, as well as monitoring a potential outbreak of hepatitis A, a potentially fatal disease that spread in San Diego.

Another reason to do a good old fashion round up! Make sure it doesn't spread more :rolleyes:

Simple doublespeak that they obviously need a whole lot more money for boondoggle government programs.. to save you and the precious childerns from a horribly horrible death.
right.. turn the page
didn't click

I'm not advocating padding government budgets, but we'll see where this goes overall in Seattle. It didn't take long for the Hepatitis A outbreak to spread in San Diego such that they had to start power washing some streets with bleach every second week. A separate thread on this is here:
<broken link removed>

As an aside, a friend works in downtown Seattle in what has generally been deemed a "good area". He is now seeing human excrement on the streets in that area. He is beginning a job search and intentionally excluding opportunities in downtown Seattle.

Progressive politicians and their enablers seem to be the only people unable to grasp the concept that one of the simplest ways to prevent disease is to keep cities clean. Allowing homeless camps, defecation in the streets, and litter, both trash and medical (needles) is not how large populations can stay healthy. Filth diseases include; infections of the gastrointestinal and respiratory tracts—diarrhea and dysentery, typhoid, croup, bronchitis, pneumonia, and tuberculosis—and skin diseases such as scabies and ringworm.
These diseases are our ticket to the third world, and virtue-signaling "Progressives" seem to be more than willing to take us there.

Last Edited:
Make no mistake this news is a buildup to budgeting mega $$$$$ to bringing these people to a neighborhood near you.
You may even be forced to house them in your home!!!!
Write it down so you'll remember what I predict!!!!

Sheldon

I did read the article. What a surprise to find out that diseased bums who live in the gutter and drop a deuce wherever they happen to be when the need strikes have a lower life expectancy. I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked! They are bums because they choose to be bums. Even the degree of responsibility required to soak up handouts at shelters is too much, so I don't feel sorry for them.
OTOH, I wonder if this means that you can regard a bum spitting at you as presenting a threat of GBH.

Feral humans 'DO' spread disease.

Cynically deflect this fact as merely an excuse for budget wasting government is similar to 'whistling past the graveyard' - disease 'IS' on the way for all if nothing is done to stop it.

What to do?

Round em up - drop em off at Devil's Island (or some other similar island like say 'Snake Island' with patrol boats and helicopter gun ships circling to keep the vermin on the island.

Sounds harsh eh?

You may change your mind when your loved ones (and you) come down with some awful disease/diseases spread by the feral people.

Who, btw, are ever on the increase in population...

Oh, I forgot to mention, no way - no how would I be coerced into 'housing the feral people'.

If push came to shove, they'd be no house for them to force themselves into by way of government mandate as they'd be no house, if it came to that...

Or would I allow them to camp in my yard or any variation of such.

The weak have benefitted from the compassionate efforts of the strong which has kept them alive (and propagating) far longer than nature would have allowed in the first place. Now the weak are reaching "critical mass", and are starting to overwhelm "the host".

This may offend some of you, but I don't care...

The process of natural selection will sort this problem out.... let it burn, the strong will survive.

Stomper,

I agree, but the strong will suffer mightily first before the 'feral people' are gone. If ever...

A lot of the 'strong' are liberals who bemoan the fate of those poor, dear wretches, who don't have the wherewithal to actually do something to clear up this human mess...so they tolerate human waste filth, mountains of garbage, including used disease laden syringes discarded on sidewalks, stuporously drugged or drunk or both feral types who either piteously beg or violently demand you give money to them, while occupying places they should be forcibly (if necessary) decamped from and I'll quit now...seeing this mind boggling dystopia on the increase maddens me.

My ranting about this situation is one created by anti-gun types. I'm restricted to only referring to them as 'anti-gun...

I'm not advocating padding government budgets, but we'll see where this goes overall in Seattle. It didn't take long for the Hepatitis A outbreak to spread in San Diego such that they had to start power washing some streets with bleach every second week. A separate thread on this is here:
<broken link removed>

As an aside, a friend works in downtown Seattle in what has generally been deemed a "good area". He is now seeing human excrement on the streets in that area. He is beginning a job search and intentionally excluding opportunities in downtown Seattle.
We came up with the idea for outhouses because at some point we decided as a society that we didn't want human waste all over the streets. Then we figured out that running water and indoor plumbing really made society pleasant. Now we're back to free range cr@pping. Who the bubblegum is responsible for bringing society back to the middle ages? What's next, ban toilet paper?

"What's next, ban toilet paper?"

Ask Sherl Crow with her 'one square' of toilet paper per outing...or 2/3 for those pesky situations says she.

Another enviro loon...I'm sure she has no problem with human filth of every description everywhere the so-called homeless infect the landscape...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top