JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For years I have heard people yelling "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!", and maybe some day it really will. Many posters here talk about "heading for the hills" if we do get into a SHTF situation. I myself will be sticking close to home, not so much to "protect" what I have, but because heading for the hills is not the solution many seem to think it is.

Many say they will go to a national forest to avoid the bad guys. Yeah right! Try surviving through a winter in the Cascade mountains with temperatures hovering around zero for weeks on end and 5 feet of snow on the ground. Yeah, I know, you do that every winter when you go to elk camp. It's one thing to spend 1 or 2 weeks in elk camp and quite another to spend the winter. Especially in a tent!

Then there are those who say they will head for the mountains if the government becomes repressive. I've got news for you guys. With the satellite technology that the government has now, you can run but you can't hide! No, I think I'll link up with friends and neighbors and stay home.:s0131:

Wolverines!

wolverines.jpg

For years I have heard people yelling "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!", and maybe some day it really will. Many posters here talk about "heading for the hills" if we do get into a SHTF situation. I myself will be sticking close to home, not so much to "protect" what I have, but because heading for the hills is not the solution many seem to think it is.

Many say they will go to a national forest to avoid the bad guys. Yeah right! Try surviving through a winter in the Cascade mountains with temperatures hovering around zero for weeks on end and 5 feet of snow on the ground. Yeah, I know, you do that every winter when you go to elk camp. It's one thing to spend 1 or 2 weeks in elk camp and quite another to spend the winter. Especially in a tent!

Then there are those who say they will head for the mountains if the government becomes repressive. I've got news for you guys. With the satellite technology that the government has now, you can run but you can't hide! No, I think I'll link up with friends and neighbors and stay home.:s0131:

I think you are misunderstanding the "Head to the hills" guys.

I think everyone would prefer to stay at home and sleep in their own bed while the world falls apart around them.

During Katrina, the "Stay close to home" guys didn't fare too well.

Herded into a super-dome or alone in the woods.............I'll take the woods.

People need to prepare for the WORST CASE. Then anything else is a piece of cake.

So the next time you hear people discussing the best tent for sub-0, or the best boots for walking 100s of miles in the mountains, It is because the HAVE TO, not because they WANT TO.

Prep for the thing you DON'T want to do.

All depends on the situation, just like everything else.

If I have to defend my house from any large numbers, I'm screwed.
But I'm also not in what I would conside a riot zone.

Zombies or military, I WANT out, if possible.
Stronghold or wilderness, I have (very rough) plans for both.

All depends on the situation, just like everything else.

If I have to defend my house from any large numbers, I'm screwed.

Since I'm in no way Randy Shughart or Gary Gordon I have to agree. But honestly, I think just about all of us would be screwed if the golden horde showed up in mass on our block.

-d

Satellite technology and the ability to locate resistance is one thing, manpower to enforce is quite another. The majority (and that may only be 51%) of U.S. Military service men/women are constitutionally minded and, I believe, will not take arms against U.S. Citizens. They then, along with their resources, become our allies against a tyrannical Govt. This brings to light the need for said tyrannical Govt. to employ an unsympathetic force to do its dirty work. I think these will come from several sources: 1)Domestic sources like organized gangs, racially motivated groups, and private security contractors. 2)Foreign sources like U.N. troops, foreign military, and foreign mercenaries.

God I hate these threads...

You realize that you trying to stay in the city (hiding from looters, government mandated "inspections" or standing in line for food and water at some FEMA camp) sounds crazier than me building a cabin by hand up in the mountains?

If the cold of winter is the worst thing I have to worry about then I'll take my chances...

For the record, I really don't give a rat's behind what you plan on doing when crap gets bad. But just because you don't know how to rough it in the winter doesn't mean we don't.

As for the unmanned drones, satellites and such- there are ways to conceal yourself from that as well.

ok here is the real question

is it better to Stand and fight and die with your boots on or

better to cower and hide like scared prey until someone eats you.

lets ask Conan . Conan what do you think ?

" Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women."

ok here is the real question
is it better to Stand and fight and die with your boots on or
better to cower and hide like scared prey until someone eats you.

I'm just going to run around in a loin cloth (regardless of what season it is), flailing my arms, drooling and screaming "This is the END! This is the END!" That way I will be left alone.

I don't think the government can control or track 350,000,000 million people. So technology is worthless. About only 250,000 troops can't control the U.S. population and look and the government can't even control immigration. So don't worry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top