JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm trying to find a good tactical headset for SHTF, I want one with 360 audio amplifier for hunting and what not. And coms capable. For use of radio, my budget is $200 could go up to 300, but would prefer not to because it's cutting into my optics money. Which is another thing I'm looking for.

Amazon sells comptac knock offs. I've found them to work well for noise cancelling, amplification, and radio communications. The only complaint I have is that the push to talk button it comes with is ridiculously loud when clicked.

Following.

Hadn't given such too much thought. Figured to simply wear what we already own, Peltor Sport Tactical 500's. Then if radios were needed, just wear the ear bud under the muffs.

Costs vs benefits...

Since the OP has such as a consideration in the event of "SHTF", I'm moving this thread over towards preparedness & survival. Mayhaps other folks have considered such, and have useful input.

I'll touch on this as I have some insight.
First up for under 300$ you are going to have to take some serious "quality" sacrifices for sound reproduction and 360 degree sound amplification.
There really isnt much under about the 500$ mark for true duty grade comms compatible hearing protection.
So at your price point there is really a couple options

1 - buy a nice set of electronic hearing protection (peltors, safari land, sordins) and run a boom mic (a speaker mic) off your radio. This is simple, cheaper, and a more robust system, assuming your radio and boom mic are of decent quality.

2 - buy sub par off brand "comtac" replicas.
i tried this, and they aren't bad, but they are not shock proof, dust proof, or waterproof. Comms are so so, sound amplification is sub par, and dangerous in the SHTF / combat situation. It is harder to pin point sounds. They are truely airsoft grade equipment and should be used as such. Definitely not rated for SHTF.

3 - likely the best budget option would be to keep an eye on ebay and find yourself a set of used Peltor Comtac III's or higher. They can be had for 3-500$ commonly and have been the industry standard for years. I currently have the comtac VI's and the sound is truely incredible. Versus cheaper options, they make you super human. You can hear everything.

Now, after these considerations I would highly advise investing in true duty grade PTT's if you go with a comms compatible headset. PM me if you need recommendations on radio / ptt / antenna and headset information. I just finished my comms setup and can provide some insight.
best of luck!
And remember buy once cry once

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews