JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a mossberg 590a1 with a 6 shell side saddle. Looking for suggestions for quick access, secure lock.

I like something like the shotlock or hornady options but neither seems to work with the saddle.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have kids in the home.

I have a mossberg 590a1 with a 6 shell side saddle. Looking for suggestions for quick access, secure lock.

I like something like the shotlock or hornady options but neither seems to work with the saddle.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have kids in the home.

What about putting a buttstock side-saddle on instead? I have a TacStar side-saddle on my Maverick 88 that fits on the receiver but for my 590A1 I use a buttstock side-saddle instead. I suppose the kids can take shells out the side saddle but cannot fire the shotgun since locked up.

DADE7D67-F299-4BC8-A28C-C60FA9499396.jpeg

I searched - unsuccessfully - for some sort of wall-mounted lock-up that would let me use a sidesaddle on my Maverick 88. Ultimately, I backtracked & settled for an inexpensive buttstock shell carrier and this (manual version) ShotLock.
20200330_161326.jpg

In my continued search, I have come across these 2 potential options

I do like that kiss me good night sign, and falls into the same budget as these 2 options

I haven't put it into action yet, but I figured I'd cut a couple squares off the end of a 2x4, anchor those into the studs on the wall above a door frame, and screw a piece of 2x4 to make a bridge between the two. Then screw a couple gun magnets to each side to hold the shotgun. Leave the slide open and run a cable lock around the 2x4 and through the action. Not as fast as I'd like, but kid proof,

I do like that kiss me good night sign, and falls into the same budget as these 2 options

With the x-lock residential it does a good job have securing the shotgun. If you buy this you need to be sure that lock the pump down as well otherwise they could find the slide release and use the pump to eject all of your shot shells.

I least with the Shotlock Solo-Vault in covers the slide release so you can keep shot shell in your shogun.

ShotLock Solo-Vault | For Shotguns | USA

Something like either of the below. V Line also has a model that could be installed between the studs or your closet or similar.

Something like either of the below. V Line also has a model that could be installed between the studs or your closet or similar.

Nice, you linked the rifle one, the shotgun version is even less money: Shotgun Case-Home Defense Shotgun Safe - V-Line

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews