JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Directs Department of State Police to conduct study on reporting of attempted unlawful firearm transfers and present report on findings to interim committees of Legislative Assembly related to judiciary on or before September 15, 2020.

This is looking like it will be the House version of the anti-gun Omnibus NIGHTMARE SB978.

HB3299 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System
Where is the gut and stuff amendment. It is not displaying any amendments at the link you provided

They will wait until the last minute to add the Amendments.
That is their MO. They can gut and stuff any bill that is still alive so we really need a list of all bills "Related to firearms." and check all of them for amendments daily (probably multiple times a day). OregonPushBack has been keeping a pretty sharp eye on the bills.

The push back should always be, "so what".

When they blah, blah on about a bunch of nothing, just reply, so what. Everything I do is legal and protected by the Bill of Rights, the Costitution and Oregon law.

They will wait until the last minute to add the Amendments.
I put together a list of all the bills that could be gutted and stuffed with out warning: Oregon - Potential Gut & Stuff List of 2019 Firearms Related Bills With Direct Amendment Links

I intend to check this list at least once a day. It only takes about a minute and a half to check the entire list. OFF or OregonPushBack might get the news before amendments are posted on the Oregon website but this is an easy way to make sure nothing is missed once the amendments are posted.

Dennis Linthicum in his newsletter today defines the gut and stuff as this...

When a calf dies at birth, a rancher might decide to "graft" a substitute calf so that the mother cow can provide nurture to the substitute. The most reliable form of grafting happens when the hide of the dead calf is put onto the substitute calf. The cow knows the smell of her own calf (even if it was dead at birth) and this substitution can trick the cow into accepting the substitute as her own.

In the Oregon Legislature, when a bill dies, something else can be grafted into its hide. Around the capital this is known as a "gut and stuff". You might think of it like putting a wolf into the sheep's clothing.

Pretty accurate description if you ask me...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top