JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL no, I took rough measurements off my standard poverty pony lower to get a ballpark of what size a 0% hunk of aluminum would need to be to be milled into an AR lower :rolleyes:
Okay! So a chunk of Aluminum the size of my house might be illegal?? Sounds like clearly "too vague" to be Constitutional or even to be a law at all.

If you haven"t already, i would order what you want asap. We have all seen how retailers can go full stupid and cut us off in a nanosecond when one of these laws gets passed. Even if the law is limited in scope, retailers generally won't take the time to see what they can and can't ship. I would also recommend using a credit card in case your orders get cancelled, pulled back, etc and retailers don't want to 100% refund you.

Y'all also need to remember that we're on a gun forum, and are obviously all pro gun, with the exception of a few notorious cave trolls. Politicians in general are not single issue representatives.

At least they deleted the section that would have allowed municipalities to decide whether they want to prohibit all firearms in public buildings and on public grounds. Cities could have banned legal CHL carry within 500 or 1000 feet of a public park. There is a park within 1000 feet of my home. I would not have been able to leave my home carrying with a CHL.
I also have other city borders close by. I would be driving through different cities with different restrictions. It would be insane to figure out where not turn. But we know their intent was to place enough confusing restrictions to effectively ban concealed carry everywhere.

Last Edited:
What is timeline for this to hit Governor's desk?
All I've heard is since the bill has been altered, it must first go back to the House. They're supposed to vote on it 6/21. If the House Republicans wanted to be real heroes, they could theoretically walk out. From 6/21 to 6/25 there aren't enough days left in the legislative session for them to jeopardize their reelection prospects (i.e. there aren't 10 days left for them to miss). It would literally cost them nothing and yet I'm doubting they'll do it.

All I've heard is since the bill has been altered, it must first go back to the House. They're supposed to vote on it 6/21. If the House Republicans wanted to be real heroes, they could theoretically walk out. From 6/21 to 6/25 there aren't enough days left in the legislative session for them to jeopardize their reelection prospects (i.e. there aren't 10 days left for them to miss). It would literally cost them nothing and yet I'm doubting they'll do it.
This would be great if it happened. I wonder if the Gov would call special session and do unexcused absences from special sessions count towards the 10 day limit?

Here's Kim Thatcher's write-up explaining why she didn't go back. It's important to understand that some are actually keeping their campaign promises.
Similarly, here is Dennis Linthicum's article, https://mailchi.mp/electdennis/what_happened-2023-06-18-1000

The progressive and leftist Democrat party is moving by system and design under the colorable pretext of safety, caring for children or elevating the oppressed. These are fine sentiments when corralled by fences of reason, appropriateness, evenhandedness, reasonableness, objectivity, and justice. But when our vocabulary is getting warped by blatantly false ideas we need to argue for truth.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews