JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Rifle is short stroking with me bolt carrier group ran fine with the old one

• Any advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Rifle is 18" careful with rifle gas length system and carbine 3 .oz buffer and carbine spring 39 rings about 11 in. Length. I had a 9310 steel bcg swapped it with a sharps DLC bcg and norte it is short stroking. I have done the loose gas key and worn gas rings test on it it's fine. Any help very appreciated

I used 55 grain Winchester and tried 62 grain tulammo just to try it but something although it did cycle a couple times then back to failure to feed spitting it out but not feeding

I used 55 grain Winchester and tried 62 grain tulammo just to try it but something although it did cycle a couple times then back to failure to feed spitting it out but not feeding

My barrel is so short that all I ever seem to do is short stroke.

Running it wet is very helpful, but too much and you'll have a big mess on your hands!

A lot of time when mine is in the middle of a cycle she'll spit it out and won't let me feed any more in too.

Your not alone, bro. A lot of us have these same issues. A lot.

Running it wet is very helpful, but too much and you'll have a big mess on your hands!

A lot of time when mine is in the middle of a cycle she'll spit it out and won't let me feed any more in too.

:eek::oops: ummmm

Have you tried a lighter buffer spring?

It is a brand new bcg

Good friend of mine had the same issue with a high end brand new BCG.

Tried a different one, it started working again.

BCG went back to the factory and was verified it was out of spec.

Not all parts are perfect every time.

Before changing a bunch of other parts out it seems simple enough to put the old BCG in it or one from another build you may have or from a buddies rifle.

Good friend of mine had the same issue with a high end brand new BCG.

Tried a different one, it started working again.

BCG went back to the factory and was verified it was out of spec.

Not all parts are perfect every time.

Before changing a bunch of other parts out it seems simple enough to put the old BCG in it or one from another build you may have or from a buddies rifle.
I put the old one back in and it cycled and shot just fine

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top