JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have Aero & Toolcraft nitrided, Brownells phosphated (whoever makes them), and a JP full mass nitrided.
Shooting them, I cannot tell the difference. Examining them, the JP was far above the others in fit, finish and smoothness of operation.
There's a crap-ton of other brands. Just go to Primary Arms and search 308 BCG

Yeah, I did that already, which prompted me to inquire from those that keep up with this stuff to see if there are one or two that rise above the rest.

JP seems like pressing the easy button! (An expensive easy button, nonetheless!)

Yeah, I did that already, which prompted me to inquire from those that keep up with this stuff to see if there are one or two that rise above the rest.

JP seems like pressing the easy button! (An expensive easy button, nonetheless!)
JP. I've got their AR9 upper and bolt coming.

I bought a ballistic advantage BCG recently. Seems ok, though I'm a little annoyed it's not marked with MPI/HPT like the advertisement said it was. They certainly did fire something with it, though given brass in the face so I'm inclined to believe it's as advertised. Time will tell. My headspace gauges for 6.5 CM just arrived in the mail so I'll get to see how that goes

I also have a nitrided aero in my .308 18" which has handled the job suppressed for a few hundred just fine. That one headspaced VERY tightly with a faxon barrel.

I also have a nitrided aero in my .308 18" which has handled the job suppressed for a few hundred just fine. That one headspaced VERY tightly with a faxon barrel.
I have the exact same combo and had the same tight headspace. With my M5 lower being so out of spec, I'm staying away from Aero for parts.

Could be Faxon problem as well, I suppose. I'm not using their barrel, not that they have a .25 chambering anyway.

My BA BCG headspaces great with my BA 6.5 barrel. Its snug but not tight on a GO and won't close on a NO GO so I'm happy with it. Also turns out my BCG is chrome lined on the inside and the gas key so that's a nice bonus. Don't think it was advertised to be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top