JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Rifle is short stroking with me bolt carrier group ran fine with the old one

• Any advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Rifle is 18" careful with rifle gas length system and carbine 3 .oz buffer and carbine spring 39 rings about 11 in. Length. I had a 9310 steel bcg swapped it with a sharps DLC bcg and norte it is short stroking. I have done the loose gas key and worn gas rings test on it it's fine. Any help very appreciated

I used 55 grain Winchester and tried 62 grain tulammo just to try it but something although it did cycle a couple times then back to failure to feed spitting it out but not feeding

I used 55 grain Winchester and tried 62 grain tulammo just to try it but something although it did cycle a couple times then back to failure to feed spitting it out but not feeding

My barrel is so short that all I ever seem to do is short stroke.

Running it wet is very helpful, but too much and you'll have a big mess on your hands!

A lot of time when mine is in the middle of a cycle she'll spit it out and won't let me feed any more in too.

Your not alone, bro. A lot of us have these same issues. A lot.

Running it wet is very helpful, but too much and you'll have a big mess on your hands!

A lot of time when mine is in the middle of a cycle she'll spit it out and won't let me feed any more in too.

:eek::oops: ummmm

Have you tried a lighter buffer spring?

It is a brand new bcg

Good friend of mine had the same issue with a high end brand new BCG.

Tried a different one, it started working again.

BCG went back to the factory and was verified it was out of spec.

Not all parts are perfect every time.

Before changing a bunch of other parts out it seems simple enough to put the old BCG in it or one from another build you may have or from a buddies rifle.

Good friend of mine had the same issue with a high end brand new BCG.

Tried a different one, it started working again.

BCG went back to the factory and was verified it was out of spec.

Not all parts are perfect every time.

Before changing a bunch of other parts out it seems simple enough to put the old BCG in it or one from another build you may have or from a buddies rifle.
I put the old one back in and it cycled and shot just fine

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads