JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Rifle is short stroking with me bolt carrier group ran fine with the old one

• Any advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
While I am not familiar with the Sharps bcg, what you are describing sounds like it's designed to tame an overgassed rifle, like a 6920 or milspec m4. Your barrel already has less dwell time than the 20" barrel a rifle length gas system is designed for , so the fancy bcg may be slowing this rifle down too much.

I just ordered an LMT enhanced bcg for a ar308 carbine I am building, but those guns are very overgassed. So not knocking "alternative BCGs" per se but it may not be appropriate for this rifle.

All of this is total wild bubblegum guesswork without knowing the port size. Maybe you can find that out from the barrel manufacturer
Thanks I understand I got it going today the problem I'm assuming was my gas block wasn't aligned with the port hole properly. I also polished my upper so that also helped but I appreciate the help from everyone thank you very much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top