JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Rifle is short stroking with me bolt carrier group ran fine with the old one

• Any advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
If it cycles and locks back after last round with a mil spec bcg, it is not undergassed. The problem is the new bcg. Weigh the two and see if there is any difference in weight between them. Stop looking for problems with the rest of the rifle, it is fine. Start looking for problems with the new bcg, unless you want to keep throwing good money after bad.

Last Edited:
If it cycles and locks back after last round with a mil spec bcg, it is not undergassed. The problem is the new bcg. Weigh the two and see if there is any difference in weight between them. Stop looking for problems with the rest of the rifle, it is fine. Start looking for problems with the new bcg, unless you want to keep throwing good money after bad.
The new bcg doent cycle it extracts but doesnt push back enough to cycle a load nor does it catch on the last round I've oiled the crap out of it and sometimes it double feeds and I have weighed them

Thank you, I was just going to post something similar, in fact, I'd put money on the barrel being overgassed, most are.

OP this post is spot on, but hey if you like rabbit holes there you go.

Thank you, I was just going to post something similar, in fact, I'd put money on the barrel being overgassed, most are.

OP this post is spot on, but hey if you like rabbit holes there you go.
How would it be over gassed? On 18" barrel and it has carbine gas system and it is a 3 .oz buffer with normal carbine spring. If you can please explain I would appreciate it. Thanks

How would it be over gassed? On 18" barrel and it has carbine gas system and it is a 3 .oz buffer with normal carbine spring. If you can please explain I would appreciate it. Thanks

I'm sorry rifle gas system on carbine buffer

I would hope so, when I read that I was, huh? :s0001:

It all starts with gas port and too many manufacturers make them extra large to accommodate people using cheap, under-powered, crap ammo like PMC Bronze or Tula.

I would hope so, when I read that I was, huh? :s0001:

It all starts with gas port and too many manufacturers make them extra large to accommodate people using cheap, under-powered, crap ammo like PMC Bronze or Tula.
Yes I did use cheap ammo though, maybe I should get 77 grain also to try that I used 62 grain and still had same issue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top