JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No-one here said radian wasn't "top tier." It's definitely a high end/instagram worthy product with super tight tolerances.

Now their worth whether it be full builds/build kits/accessories is completely subjective. They make the best charging handles and safety selectors in my opinion. I've owned multiple Mod 1s and sold them all.

I'll take a BCM, SOGL, or Triarc over a Radian/AXTS any day. But that's just me.

Not everything that leaves their machine shop/sand blast/anodized/cerakote booth etc is quality (human error is a thing). I feel bad if you're the end user that gets something out of spec. Cause their CS sucks.
I have been on the hunt for a Triarc BCG for a while now they are always out of stock.

If it Runs, Great, if not, you got problems!
I never understood all the hype of building some extra spicy high zoot AR, it doesn't matter if it's "High End" or not, as long as it goes BANG every time you hit the bang switch, that's the only thing that matters! Carry a rifle for a living long enough, none of that extra sauce matters unless it makes it more accurate, or lighter and easier to carry and shoot! You want something to spend money on, go train to shoot more accurately with a stock AR, then build a better one with a really good barrel and trigger! A high zoot Bolt makes ZERO difference above and beyond a stock mil-spec part that is properly fitted and tuned, and if it's truly mil-spec, it should be already fit and tuned! Very few aftermarket mods or parts actually make an AR better, but hey, if you just have to have the Tacticool Mall Ninja AR with all the "Cool Guy Gear" go right ahead, after all, a fool and his money are soon parted!

If it Runs, Great, if not, you got problems!
I never understood all the hype of building some extra spicy high zoot AR, it doesn't matter if it's "High End" or not, as long as it goes BANG every time you hit the bang switch, that's the only thing that matters! Carry a rifle for a living long enough, none of that extra sauce matters unless it makes it more accurate, or lighter and easier to carry and shoot! You want something to spend money on, go train to shoot more accurately with a stock AR, then build a better one with a really good barrel and trigger! A high zoot Bolt makes ZERO difference above and beyond a stock mil-spec part that is properly fitted and tuned, and if it's truly mil-spec, it should be already fit and tuned! Very few aftermarket mods or parts actually make an AR better, but hey, if you just have to have the Tacticool Mall Ninja AR with all the "Cool Guy Gear" go right ahead, after all, a fool and his money are soon parted!
Yeah, but there are certain functional things that are worth paying more for. KAC and LMT have both made notable improvements on the weakest part of the system, the bolt.

Clearly some, or at least someone, in this thread *cough* like their gold tone fancy look at me type bubblegum. I am happy largely with standard run of the milspec mill, but when there are meaningful improvements, i might bite.

"Mil-spec" a term that means the lowest quality the military will pay for.

BCG, Barrel and Trigger are (3) things that I spend good money on. But that's just me.
Mil-Spec on firearms means they MUST have interchange between weapons and remain within tolerance and retain 100% functionality with out tuning or adjustment, especially if said would then push parts out of spec! It also means that a firearm has passed rigid quality control, and it's specifications generated by the Military are 100% is compliant!

Mil-Spec on firearms means they MUST have interchange between weapons and remain within tolerance and retain 100% functionality with out tuning or adjustment, especially if said would then push parts out of spec! It also means that a firearm has passed rigid quality control, and it's specifications generated by the Military are 100% is compliant!
I was in the military and find this comical. Why are you yelling into the computer?

Nothing is 100%

Last Edited:
@Ura-Ki i do agree with your post #28. I won't pay for a roll mark or a brand. Function is what matters. If a company makes a product that out performs its competitors than I'll pay. That's why I spend my money on the heart of the rifle - BCG/barrel/trigger. The rest is just user preference. I got no issues running a poverty pony, aero, etc. If it proves to be reliable, accurate, repeatable that's all I care about.

I used to care about brand whether it be DD, Radian, Triarc, KAC, etc. Now I couldn't care less. All I care about is that my life can depend on it. I'm gunna beat the hell out of it anyway. I'd rather spend money on ammo, mags, and training.

But everyone has their own opinions and can obviously spend their money as they wish. More power to them.

I just hate how the term "mil-spec" is held up as some holy grail. When all of us who have been in the military and have first hand experience with a lot of the gear/material/weapons etc. know its booty.

Minus what all the "special" teams/units get issued. They have their own budget and rules. They don't count. lol.

If it's got a gimmick but isn't OEM for anyone, there's a reason for that
The talk is radian uses azimuth, haven't used azimuth/radian (possibly noveske and a few others) so no voice on "worth" for OP.

Other than brand logo or hype, seems you're mostly paying for QC, warranty, and sometimes coatings. I've had pre-ban and post-ban Colt bcgs never fail, older Aero's work fine swapping between calibers/uppers, and just tried a microbest (supposedly colt and solgw oem) that had 2 ftf and 1 fte in the first 60 rounds. Took it apart, deep cleaned, ran 80 rounds without issue a week later... guessing leftover machining grease or similar from the factory.

Never served, but worked around contract lawyers that dealt in defense and have refused million dollar plus shipments due to out of spec items. I still enjoy buying cage code parts, mostly for resale value, even if they don't have special powers... also seen similar in other industries, you get a few extra eyes or seasoned worker doing QC, but companies can still cut corners/have a hungover worker on a batch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top