JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shot this picture in 1998 on the Continental Divide between Idaho and Montana. wolve2 2.jpg

I've only stumbled on to one, once in Oregon. In the sixties, My uncle & I got it cornered. Big mistake!
Fortunate for you twice; in that you've seen something few others have and most never will, plus close enough with a camera to film them. (I don't even have that)
That's braggin rights and a memory not likely forgotten.

Saw the same thing last spring in Montana at the ranch.
My two friends and I thought it must be a mother and two cubs. [Are they cubs?]

This year I will be on the lookout for them. And I'll have a real camera. Hopefully get some good pictures.
I was afraid to get too close last spring [Stayed 200 yards away or so]. I didn't want to provoke them. :s0002:

I think overall there making a come back.

Awesome sight! Very rare to see out and about! I have seen one ( Same one?) Around the ranch in Co. Maybe three times, never closer then about 100 feet. Very neet animal, and to see one, let alone three is simply amazing! Been seeing a lot of predators in the last several years, I take that as a good sign!:):):)
Really excited to see if my monster neighbor Grizzly is still alive, would be real cool if he is still around, mighty impressive animal! About 900 pounds last fall, maybe 6 years old if we were to guess his age!:)

I showed the picture to our road guy that has been out and about in Wyoming all of his life. All he had ever seen was scat and never a live wolverine. He aked me to keep the picture secret, and I did. Everyone thought wolverines were way up north to Canada. This was where I worked at the time on a 10,000 mountain top overlooking Henry's Lake in Idaho at a long range FAA radar site. Everyone thought the government officials might close us down if they saw this. I've kept it secret for 20 years.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top