JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have tried to keep up with the events in New Orleans as they pertain to Hurricane Issac but must have missed something. We all know what happened during Katrina but it now
seems that there is no looting or lawlessness this time around. What happened?

Nothing left - All the good stuff was already taken during Katrina and very little replaced. And talking to those who have been there most of the surrounding areas are still about the same post-Katrina.

Saw national news story relating how there is plenty of looting going on but the bad guys are sacking private homes this time. They interviewed a poor woman who had lost everything of value that she possessed! They also filmed a number of her neighbor's homes that were looted! Really p---ed me off!!! This woman's family had refused to evacuate for Katrina and nearly perished! Sometimes you just can't win.

A liberal colleague was stuck there during the Isaac storm, when he got back all he could talk about was what a waste it is for tax payers to, to keep rebuiling that cess pool and how the people who stay there are nuts. It was funny to hear it coming from a liberal O supporter

How stupid is it to try to rebuild a city that some dumb A$$ built below sea level,next to a hurricane brewery?
Below sea level 1000 miles inland,heck 5 miles with a mountain range in between is cool,but right next to the very sea that whips 'em up?

Those instruments play better above water anyway don't they?
And I don't like watered down drinks or my gumbo,so what's the point of rebuilding?

Just the same as paying for peoples houses on a river,when that "100 year flood" comes along again in 5 years.
Buy 'em a trailer once and if they ain't smart enough to leave,let them drown.

Really tired of paying for reserecting that bug infested swamp myself. Flood it and buy a fleet of glass bottomed boats and make it a destination tourist resort!

Agreed,

But a lot of people are not aware of a simple fact N.O. (new Orleans) seta on top of a moss bog, and hasttled a lot since the city was first built, when it first became a city it was actually above sea level, but currently has an Elevation -6.5 to 20 ft (-2 to 6 m)New Orleans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And is settling (or sinking) at the rate of 1 inch per year, and the break walls that every one was raising cain over after Katrina, well guess what, they had settled (or sank) 3 ft between the time they were built and when Katrina hit.

New Orleans - The Natural History - YouTube

Life After People: New Orleans - YouTube

With the facts being what they are, and I sent all of this to colleague mentioned in an earlier post, and as other have said pull the plug.

Give the city 6 months and shut off all gooberment funds and tell everyone who stay you are on your own!!

I have tried to keep up with the events in New Orleans as they pertain to Hurricane Issac but must have missed something. We all know what happened during Katrina but it now
seems that there is no looting or lawlessness this time around. What happened?

they moved a large portion of the displaced population to Houston. looks like they knew what they were doing when they did that....cleaned it right up, they did.

They should've left it alone after Katrina, and let Isaac finish the job.

Buddy of mine was down there for the LSU/UW game. I got a series of texts which included:

"New Dehli is nicer than New Orleans. So is Beijing."
"I haven't wanted a gun with me this bad in a long time."
"If you were here, you'd probably want to shoot people on general principle."

The list goes on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show