JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My son works at O.C. Freddie's says they have a bass pro sporting goods dept. that sells guns/ammo. Going in for a price check this eve.

OC Freddie's is my local store. They have a decent selection and their ammo shelves look much better than they did a year ago. But prices are high, perhaps not much higher than some LGS's. Occasionally they do run sales on some guns that put them in a reasonable price range.

I have yet to see a single box of .22lr in that store since they started carrying guns. I have picked up some .22wmr and even some 10mm there - again, not the best prices, but it's nice to grab some quickly during a shopping trip.

I worked at Freddie's Main Office behind Powell Park for a few years, and I was impressed that Kroger didn't cave to the gun-grabbing people and politics they have encountered. I am no longer employee, and I don't shop there often any more, but I have spent more there recently, to support an organization that has decided to make a stand against unreasonable fear and political / media pressure.

Stores with firearms is based on school zones. I do not remember how far from school store needs to be to sell.Handgun selection was decent but priced up. Example.. I paid 409$ for sr9, they are asking 469$

It's a pricing game, but if you play it right you can score great deals. Obviously if you work for Fred Meyer OR happen to be married to an associate that gets you 15% off. First Tuesday of every month gets you 10% for the 55+ discount. Third Thursday of every month will get you the 10% military discount. Both the military and the Senior discount can be combined with the associate discount of 15%.

Every year for the last several they hand out coupons on that Sportsman Show for $30 off which again can be combined with the stuff listed above. You can also use Reward rebates towards firearm purchases as well as gift cards that you get during the holidays or from company safety awards (depending on where you work).

On top of all that you get fuel reward points for discounts at the pump.

All of that can be applied to any applicable ad/markdown pricing that may be in effect also.

Suffice it to say I make it a point to buy a new firearm every single spring after the sportsman show and they can order dang near anything. Run into supplier instock issues sometimes, but they have always honored the discounts if something is held over.

The only deals I've ever gotten better IMHO were private party deals, but never hotter deals on new. If your willing to play the game and time it right you can score big. I do understand that it is not everybody's forte though.

The list of Freddies with Gun sales as I know it currently.

Albany
Anchorage
Soldotna
Muldoon
Bend
Burlington
Brookings
Coos Bay
Covington
Dimond
Grants Pass
Gresham
Juneau
Kennewick
Kitsap
Longview
Medford
Monroe
Wandermere
North Coast
Newberg
East Fairbanks
Newport
Orchards
Oregon City
Puyallup
Roseburg
Richland
Tillamook
Scappoose
Florence
West Fairbanks
Canby
Wasilla
Port Orchard
SE Anchorage
Issaquah
Tumwater
Sunset (Hillsboro)
North Bellingham
Eagle River
Snohomish

Good luck with that….
Those were the days! My wife had the best encounter at the gun counter at the OC Fred Meyers when she was looking for her first pistol. They had not one, but two really really good women who worked with her and gave great input. Very sad to see the gun counters go as they were fully Krogerized.

Rise from the dead!
1644419676064.png

Prolly why I missed it the first time! Anyway, nice to reminisce about a time when guns weren't automatically evil wherever you went on the wet side.
In your defense, a newbie resurrected the thread after two years and bounced. But 7 years, that may be a new record.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top