JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They are remodeling the local Freddie's. Was looking for some vegetable fertilizer, and lo and behold I spied a firearms display, complete with handguns and ARs. They had quite selling guns and ammo twenty years ago or so, but now the Albany Freddies is back in the game.

They have the shelves for ammo, but only had Blazer 9mm, and about 3 bucks too high at that. But it sure does feel good to see another outlet!

I have said this before here, but I'll say it again.

I worked for Fred Meyer about 5 years ago, and they were bringing back the gun and ammo counters to the stores in the more "rural" areas of Oregon and Washington Newberg, Newport, Warren and I think St.Helens were the Oregon stores. The pilot project went well, so they started expanding the project. Oregon City and Canby stores got new gun counters maybe 8-10 months ago. If you store doesn't have one and you feel so inclined, ask to talk to the store manager and ask them about it. If you get enough people showing interest, maybe it will happen. It does require some space, so there maybe limitations physically, but it's worth a shot.

Freddy in Medford have lots of ammo, i picked up 2 boxes of 40 hornady critical defend and 3 boxes of 380 remington golden saber jhp 25 runds per box. They still have lots of ammo left. The only thing they can't sell any guns because they accidently let their license expired. They have plenty guns in stocks but cant sell till few more weeks.

me thinks they are realizing the revenue they are missing out in that market and that's the reason they are expanding.

Probably kicking themselves in the arse for the fact that within the last 18 months they haven't had the cheddar in their pockets.

Hillsboro has pistols and ammo, but I don't remember seeing AR's. It is possible I just wasn't paying much attention.

The Hillsboro store on Cornelius Pass Rd right near the new Hillsboro Hops Stadium. I was in there today, got a 100 round box of WWB .45acp and watched a guy buy one of the two AR-15s they had on display. They also had two of the new Ruger 10-22 takedown models for $349.99

The nice gal behind the counter says they get ammo in on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday stocked by 10 AM. Sadly, there was no .22lr left by this morning, but they did have a lot of WWB .45 acp like I bought, 10mm, .44 mag, .223 and 5.56 as well as several other rifle calibers and some other pistol calibers--though no 9mm or .380 acp. Limit 3 boxes PER CALIBER per person.

It is a start to finding some ammo. Let's hope it continues........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

They have taken some heat in Albany for doing this...Its nice to see them not cave in to all the anti gun crap. Said its going to take time to build the new sporting goods center up like they want and ammo is of course still hard to find. If you have some free time shoot them an email and tell em thx for carrying firearms and show them not everyone is a against this. Getting some letters to the editor in the local paper too...lots of pissed off liberals

Bremerton, WA in Kitsap County has been selling guns and ammo for the past few months. When I was in a couple months back they had a fully stocked case of handguns when all other retailers in the area were empty. Prices were low to midrange on most guns. nice to see. Wish it wasn't so far out of my way i'd stop in more regularly. now if they sold reloading components.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top