JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ARRL has a 50% off ARRL Handbook and Antenna Book eBooks until Dec 31. Use code DWLD50

If you run Mac/Linux:
https://home.arrl.org/action/Store/Product-Details/productId/2004312241
https://home.arrl.org/action/Store/Product-Details/productId/2014032560

If you run Windows:
https://home.arrl.org/action/Store/Product-Details/productId/2004312259

What us HAMS on the NWFA SHOULD do is pick a frequency and have an informal, weekly 'ragchew' just to BS a bit and maybe help the potential new HAMS get involved.

Initially we could use the PeakNet system on 2 meter which new Techs could use (if they have a repeater nearby) and maybe later go to HF for Generals and higher.

Just a thought...
I would definitely be in on this.
I've had a General ticket for almost 20 years, but let it lapse (Doh!).
Renewed recently but super rusty.
Only have a mobile 2-meter but would like to get some use (practice) with it, as it's my main source of non-cellular comm's while traveling, camping Etc.
I'm in the Tualatin/Tigard area…

Do you have a PeakNet linked repeater in your area?

I believe so as I hear/talk to some in the Portland area.

If so, program your 2M to the repeater freq and tone and give it a try.

I'm usually monitoring in the evenings so holler out to me!

KJ7ZNH
Good info…exactly the things I need to learn.

Do you have a PeakNet linked repeater in your area?

I believe so as I hear/talk to some in the Portland area.

If so, program your 2M to the repeater freq and tone and give it a try.

I'm usually monitoring in the evenings so holler out to me!

KJ7ZNH
I see a repeater on the KGW tower in Portland with 2m and 70cm. Trying to determine if it's linked.

I'll stay on the peaknet freq.

I'm in an out of my shop tonight but if you can hit a peaknet repeater try to give me a QSO later.

There is a weekly 'net that takes place until about 9 PM but you can check in with it, to check comm and try to contact me later after the 'net is closed.

KJ7ZNH

I took a little trip to Lapine last week stopped at that little coffee shack at the crescent turn off while stopped programmed the local Lapine repeater and talked with a couple of people traveling on 97, Also talked to someone on mount bachelor who was using a hand held simplex 146.520 kinda amazing I could talk clear from crescent to mount bachelor on simplex as he had 5 watts I think

For those using peak net, please read the rules on their website. I know I bent the rules more than once before I actually read the rules LOL

Well, you might be, providing your radio is programmed for the freq, offset and the tone of the repeater that is closer.

Double check your radio and look at the repeaters close to you and see if you have a setting match with one closer to you.
We've got a local repeater that has the same freqs, but the tone is different.

Going to do more research...the best would be to have someone on the system and do a check

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top