JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Something certainly doesn't seem right about that video. The man he was talking to doesn't seem to be bothered by it. If it were me, and someone I was talking to just popped off a round in his trousers, I'd be right there assessing the damage and rendering assistance as necessary. Also, the woman in the video was already gloved up at the start of the video...

I was standing in a school hallway in the summer doing some training when someone had an ND. 10 guys in a circle and the round went in the ground in the center of the circle. Not a single flinch and no one really thought it was that loud because it was such a surprise.

B73E837E-D700-48E5-9D53-DEFC0A597094.jpeg

It most certainly will not unless you do it critically wrong...

There is a way to do it that will require a lot of training... but to bring your handgun on target (driver side window) in the most expeditious means possible, you'll move the barrel across your upper thighs unless you've practiced. I think the majority of people have not. That was the case I was thinking of.

I am not worried about shooting myself by accident ever. When carrying appendix and sitting, the gun is pointing at me. So what if I sweep my legs if drawing from the hip. I have violated a safety rule, but if I am trying to deploy my gun, it's because I need to. I'll forgive myself.

I trust my gear. I trust my gear.I trust my gear.:( nope I'm done with appendix carry... I don't have a whole lot down there and im not willing to lose any of it.
If you value what you got,
Don't appendix carry lest it be shot.

Or how about

Take good care of your precious twosome.
And don't appendix carry so you don't lose 'em.

Seems staged, the woman was right there, too quickly, with latex gloves on. And real calm about, "where are you shot?"...
Some people are really good in emergencies, including some women. I saw my own mother behave exactly that efficiently in a medical emergency. I was about 9 at the time. A woman in the yard across the street had tried to clear a jam from a lawn mower without turning it off. She was screaming that she'd cut her finger off. My mother, utterly calm, turned to me and ordered "Take care of your brother." Then she ran across the street, ordered the woman to shut up, hold her fingers around missing stub to limit bleeding, and get in the car. Mother found the finger and ordered woman to hold it against stub while she drove them to hospital. Mother came back hours later, with the report that the finger had been successfully reattached. Mother had been a medical technician in WWII, and had been involved in training medics. Apparently the part of the episode that was hardest for her was the short drive to the base hospital with her driving the injured woman's car. The car was a stick shift and Mother was used to an auto.

The woman in the video headed for what must have been a medical or first aid kit right after shot, then went to victim.The way she said "Talk to me", suggests she might have medical training and experience dealing with people in pain or in danger of going into shock.

Last Edited:
Some people are really good in emergencies, including some women. I saw my own mother behave exactly that efficiently in a medical emergency. I was about 9 at the time. A woman in the yard across the street had tried to clear a jam from a lawn mower without turning it off. She was screaming that she'd cut her finger off. My mother, utterly calm, turned to me and ordered "Take care of your brother." Then she ran across the street, ordered the woman to shut up, hold her fingers around missing stub to limit bleeding, and get in the car. Mother found the finger and ordered woman to hold it against stub while she drove them to hospital. Mother came back hours later, with the report that the finger had been successfully reattached. Mother had been a medical technician in WWII, and had been involved in training medics. Apparently the part of the episode that was hardest for her was the short drive to the base hospital with her driving the injured woman's car. The car was a stick shift and Mother was used to an auto.

The woman in the video headed for what must have been a medical or first aid kit right after shot, then went to victim.The way she said "Talk to me", suggests she might have medical training and experience dealing with people in pain or in danger of going into shock.

A marine medic saved a couple of my toes when I was a kid. Jump right in and took control .

I just sent back a holster I really liked for this reason the trigger guard wasn't fully secure and I didn't feel comfortable carrying it.

This still seems like some BS.
If that went off he would be bleeding profusely or he was already past transition.

This is why I pull my holster out, put the gun backthen put my holster back on.
Unless it's OWB

I appendix carry a G26 everyday. The video didn't change my thought process.

That's because it's BS.

On a side note, there was a video a while back that featured a comparison of laser-equipped weapons drawn from AIWB vs. strongside and it was very telling on which method flags more, it wasn't AIWB.

Proper technique is critical with this style of carrying, don't do stupid $hit like holstering while seated, duh. There's more, lots more put it together or steer clear. I've been doing it for many, many hours and I'm still intact.

I appendix carry and wear a kevlar cup. o_O

Nah, I'd just be careful about it. Honestly, if I have the time to holster it, I have the time to make sure nothing snags and that there's nothing going into the holster except the gun itself.

That's because it's BS.

On a side note, there was a video a while back that featured a comparison of laser-equipped weapons drawn from AIWB vs. strongside and it was very telling on which method flags more, it wasn't AIWB.

Proper technique is critical with this style of carrying, don't do stupid $hit like holstering while seated, duh. There's more, lots more put it together or steer clear. I've been doing it for many, many hours and I'm still intact.

The proper holster and some some good training is where this argument dies. How many here carry strong side IWB? So a shot to the thigh, rear end or calf is somehow "safer"? Carrying on the body is how concealed carry works. The direction of the muzzle shouldn't matter. A ND is just that. So if you go into the EDC world thinking about where you "might" shoot yourself is nothing more than mental masturbation.

Honestly, I wonder what situation I'd be in where I'd have to hurry and holster a gun. I'd think the hurry would be in drawing your gun. o_O

Take the time and don't be reckless. That works everywhere in life too. :eek:

Honestly, I wonder what situation I'd be in where I'd have to hurry and holster a gun. I'd think the hurry would be in drawing your gun. o_O

Take the time and don't be reckless. That works everywhere in life too. :eek:

I holster slow and careful. My draw is quite the opposite.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top