JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope so! A blank in your pants would still be scary!

And dangerous - there is still a lot of pressure being pushed out by those gasses - and with appendix carry, you run the risk of hitting one of the major arteries in your leg. Folks may remember Brandon Lee and John Erik Hexum - both killed by guns loaded with blanks. If it was staged, it was remarkably stupid. I still think it was real though.

And dangerous - there is still a lot of pressure being pushed out by those gasses - and with appendix carry, you run the risk of hitting one of the major arteries in your leg. Folks may remember Brandon Lee and John Erik Hexum - both killed by guns loaded with blanks. If it was staged, it was remarkably stupid. I still think it was real though.
What I meant is a blank hidden under the table off camera.. not in his pants:p...

Heh. Blank in the pants could lead to blanks in the sheets!

Weapon was a G43 and the holster was a G Code Incog. So both are generally regarded as high quality items.

There is a surprising amount of high end holsters that dont 100% cover the trigger guard area.
In the end its the persons responsibility for not checking for obstructions after holstering, but I bet his clothing got wedged in the trigger guard. The Incog is open on the side of the trigger a bit... Odd.

I wonder if the bending flexed the pistol enough to release the trigger. It seems to be mainly Glocks when you hear about these ADs. I will keep my grip safety and trigger safety on my striker pistol. Thanks Springfield.

I won't call them a POS just because of ADs though. Many owners like the trigger and safety . And they go bang.

I will take primer smear over ball smear any day.

I pull my IWB holster (depending on which one) to re-holster then replace the holster w/the gun in it.

No need for tactical re-holstering, it's easier for me to put the gun in it 1st then put the holster IWB empty and try and put the gun in it. I've read about shirts getting tucked inside or the edge of the leather rolling over so I want to make sure the gun's in safely before I put it inside my pants.

Something certainly doesn't seem right about that video. The man he was talking to doesn't seem to be bothered by it. If it were me, and someone I was talking to just popped off a round in his trousers, I'd be right there assessing the damage and rendering assistance as necessary. Also, the woman in the video was already gloved up at the start of the video...

Last Edited:
My classes at OFA (sad they're no longer in business :() taught us to carefully, slowly and deliberately holster our guns - something we repeated over and over and over again. They stressed to us that while you may have to draw quickly, there is never a reason to rush reholstering your gun.

So, one hand holding the shirt out of the way, watch the gun go into the holster until positively secured, then a sweep of the hand between the gun and your body to be sure no shirt material (say an undershirt) could be caught in the trigger guard. Works very well and I do this every time I holster my pistol.

Last Edited:
I wonder if the bending flexed the pistol enough to release the trigger. It seems to be mainly Glocks when you hear about these ADs. I will keep my grip safety and trigger safety on my striker pistol. Thanks Springfield.

I won't call them a POS just because of ADs though. Many owners like the trigger and safety . And they go bang.

I will take primer smear over ball smear any day.

I believe you see more NDs with glocks because they are very common. ADs are extremely rare with any gun.

The glock trigger is essentially DA, most similar to the LEM trigger on an HK. Their is no "slipping" that would allow the gun to go off. The pressure you feel on a glock trigger is actually the striker tension, just like the hammer tension on a DA gun.

If you mess with the trigger and use a shady aftermarket trigger, it is very easy to remove those safety mechanisms, and then you are essentially carrying a SA gun with only a Firing pin block, like a VP9.... Which I would never carry appendix .

I've Appendix carried for 12 years, always extremely careful and have built muscle memory with the correct process to safely re-holster. IMO the deep conceal is worth the expeditious amount of care.

Likely clothing combined with carelessness was the culprit here IMO.

I believe you see more NDs with glocks because they are very common. ADs are extremely rare with any gun.

The glock trigger is essentially DA, most similar to the LEM trigger on an HK. Their is no "slipping" that would allow the gun to go off. The pressure you feel on a glock trigger is actually the striker tension, just like the hammer tension on a DA gun.

If you mess with the trigger and use a shady aftermarket trigger, it is very easy to remove those safety mechanisms, and then you are essentially carrying a SA gun with only a Firing pin block, like a VP9.... Which I would never carry appendix .

My da/sa pistols have a 10lb pull on the first shot. The strikers are about half that. And after that first shot it's a short crisp 4lb pull. I can lift mine by the trigger and it won't cycle the trigger in hammer down mode. It's just personal preference . Many guys do fine with only trigger safety's and holsters. Some not so good.

Yeah, A Glock may "technically" be a DA design... Buts not really. Its partially cocked, a true DA is not cocked at all and has a long heavy trigger.... By design.
Glocks would never become popular if they had that, their triggers are 'squishy' but just as good as most single actions, with no external safety. They have more ADs for this reason and have faced several lawsuits for it IIRC.

My da/sa pistols have a 10lb pull on the first shot. The strikers are about half that. And after that first shot it's a short crisp 4lb pull. I can lift mine by the trigger and it won't cycle the trigger in hammer down mode. It's just personal preference . Many guys do fine with only trigger safety's and holsters. Some not so good.

I carry a DA/SA too. It is objectively safer in terms of user error, but a glock should be theoretically 100% safe as well, but more prone to user error.

You can shoot yourself just as badly with 3 o'clock carry as with appendix or modified appendix.

I don't know that I agree with just as badly. Do you mean the amount of damage, or???

I carry a DA/SA too. It is objectively safer in terms of user error, but a glock should be theoretically 100% safe as well, but more prone to user error.

I would have carried my Para more (paramour), but as I aged I started to worry about forgetfullness. Did I put the safety on? I don't want to be looking at that in public, nor fumbling around trying to feel it. Did something get in there and push the safety off? I worry.

Just never have been comfortable with "cocked and locked". So it's safe action, DA, or revolver for me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top