JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We did use a very reliable drug testing lab. The employee was clean when we hired him. He got the card over a year later.

We learned to do random drug tests from this incident.

Smoke another joint and chill, dude. ;)

Actually when my Doctor does a drug test he has a tech watch a spyglass where they can be sure the pee pee comes right from the source and not a container of synthetic urine

10 Surprising side effects of legalizing marijuana 10 Surprising Side Effects To Legalizing Marijuana - Listverse

Learn some real truth--Crime rates plummeting, more $$$ for police, solving real crimes get lots more success, opioid use drops, public schools getting better--All these and more can happen all over the US--gonna be now or later-- Do you realize that medical marijuana is now legal in 28 states?

Last Edited:
I frequently struggle with dizziness from low blood pressure in the last years. I won't drive while having the problem......I can't imagine voluntarily taking a drug or excessive alcohol to bring on the effect that I fight so often. It has never made sense to me even when I was young and dumb.
What's ironic is the fact that mj can be and is used to treat low bood pressure.

There are medicines being developed from cannabis that have zero psycotropic effect on the user. Medicines that allow children with grand maul seizures (in some cases hundreds a day) the ability to live a more normal life.

Cannabis is also used to help chemo patients gain back their appetite. In addition, the devils lettuce can be used to treat ptsd, depression, anxiety, pain, etc. And most importantly, it's all natural and has tame side effects compared to manny pharmaceuticals.

Looks as though our governments prohibition of cannabis has set us back about one hundred years of potential research and possible life saving treatment for what really looks like a miracle drug.

Look up "charlottes web" on google or youtube.

What's ironic is the fact that mj can be and is used to treat low bood pressure.

There are medicines being developed from cannabis that have zero psycotropic effect on the user. Medicines that allow children with grand maul seizures (in some cases hundreds a day) the ability to live a more normal life.

Cannabis is also used to help chemo patients gain back their appetite. In addition, the devils lettuce can be used to treat ptsd, depression, anxiety, pain, etc. And most importantly, it's all natural and has tame side effects compared to manny pharmaceuticals.

Looks as though our governments prohibition of cannabis has set us back about one hundred years of potential research and possible life saving treatment for what really looks like a miracle drug.

Look up "charlottes web" on google or youtube.
Salt works just fine for low blood pressure. That is my struggle, keeping a good balance of salt. Very few (if any) benefits have been scientifically found from marijuana use. It has been studied by the medical administration federal government (they have had a pot farm in Louisiana for 60 years for medical research) community for decades with little advantage ever truly discovered. Tobacco use has been proven to have some medical benefits as well. But few people want to promote that. When the medical community does come up with prescription grade Marijuana, (Marirol) everyone ignores it because all they want is an excuse to use the weed without any controls. There is nothing that MJ has been suggested as a treatment for that there isn't a better, more effective way to treat. The medical MJ issue is all about getting access not curing anything. Have you ever read the Weekly Standard?........you might find some truth instead of the pap printed in liberal rags.

Last Edited:
Back about 1988, before Oregon became a "Shall Issue" state for CCW permits, there was a push in the state legislature to enact law that CCW permit holders pass drug tests to retain their carry license. Talk about Reefer Madness! The fears of drug crazed firearm carriers shooting up Dodge City was very much out there for discussion. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed... and eventually Oregon became a "Shall Issue" state.
In the bad old days one had to know the Sheriff or suck a judge's dick to get a carry license. At application you had to bring the weapon you wished to carry, have it inspected, registered, and you were limited to carry just that one gun. I made the mistake of selecting a wonder nine S&W 659. Those familiar know it is a solid brick of metal to lug around. Pretty much stayed in a shoulder holster, which was okay for driving, but problematic when choosing cover garments. As a 26 year old logger I didn't own too many suit jackets. ;)

The only reason to use recreational drugs is to get high. That fact alone is reason enough for the seemingly double standard. we have a common response to anti's here that the gun isn't the problem, it is the man behind it........why would any sane person allow a mentally impaired (drunk or drugged) person to have or use a firearm.

I have to disagree with you there, sir. There are just as many people who use cannabinoids for pain or anxiety relief as do to get high. The only reason to drink is to get drunk, to some degree, as there is little benefit to booze other than that state of inebriation.

The alcohol argument is a red herring.........I don't want either a drunk or drug user to have guns. The majority of shootings in the country are behind drugs and most murders are committed while people are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or both. The difference is you can drink a beer without being a drunk. The only reason to use recreational drugs is to get high. That fact alone is reason enough for the seemingly double standard. we have a common response to anti's here that the gun isn't the problem, it is the man behind it........why would any sane person allow a mentally impaired (drunk or drugged) person to have or use a firearm.
Why? Idk ask the government that allows alcoholism, but not drug abuse as a reason not to own a gun.

I have to disagree with you there, sir. There are just as many people who use cannabinoids for pain or anxiety relief as do to get high. The only reason to drink is to get drunk, to some degree, as there is little benefit to booze other than that state of inebriation.
That is bull.........I haven't been drunk since I was 19, and drink a beer nearly every evening. It just isn't so that most people drink to get drunk. The ones that do are a problem as well.

That is bull.........I haven't been drunk since I was 19, and drink a beer nearly every evening. It just isn't so that most people drink to get drunk. The ones that do are a problem as well.

More or less true. Ingesting alcohol or any other drug means that you are under the influence of that drug to a certain degree, regardless of the amount. How much influence is a consideration, as is the nature of that influence.

The point is that alcohol is a drug just like marijuana is. The reasons for having severe constraints on marijuana and not on alcohol is not a matter of logic (from the perspective of protecting the public), but rather a political issue where the government, for various reasons not related to protecting the public, want to control one and not the other. Using marijuana or gun possession to influence possession of one or the other by the public is a win-win for those in power who want to control the public; they can use marijuana to control gun possession, and use gun possession to control marijuana possession and use. It is a feedback loop.

Eventually the federal government will have to give in on the issue, but meanwhile they gain more control over people's lives, and they delay legalizing marijuana and its derivatives (e.g., CBD) to give time to big pharma to develop and patent medicines based on marijuana. The fact that the latter is happening already is evidence that they (those in power, and big pharma) see the writing on the wall.

Back about 1988, before Oregon became a "Shall Issue" state for CCW permits, there was a push in the state legislature to enact law that CCW permit holders pass drug tests to retain their carry license. Talk about Reefer Madness! The fears of drug crazed firearm carriers shooting up Dodge City was very much out there for discussion. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed... and eventually Oregon became a "Shall Issue" state.
In the bad old days one had to know the Sheriff or suck a judge's dick to get a carry license. At application you had to bring the weapon you wished to carry, have it inspected, registered, and you were limited to carry just that one gun. I made the mistake of selecting a wonder nine S&W 659. Those familiar know it is a solid brick of metal to lug around. Pretty much stayed in a shoulder holster, which was okay for driving, but problematic when choosing cover garments. As a 26 year old logger I didn't own too many suit jackets. ;)

I had to lookup "Reefer Madness" and see that it was movie which I have not seen since this movie was made decades before I was born. I only know about "Reavers" from that movie "Serenity" which was based on the short lived TV series "Firefly". :)

There are a few problems that the pro MJ have to overcome.

The biggest is cost effective testing.

Alcohol and cocaine are water soluble and not fat soluble, they are eliminated from the body very quickly and do not show up in a UA.

MJ metabolizes very differently. It stays in the system, you can smoke a joint and then test positive weeks after you have smoked/used.

You can drink on the weekend and if you are asked to go in for a UA, you have a reasonable likelihood that you will be fine. Even Coke has a detection window of 2-4 days.

Being a recreational or casual user of MJ in the world of drug testing that is used in DOT and employment drug screening is very different from alcohol. So it is problematic.

If you are an interstate truck driver, (kudos to you! You are over worked, over regulated, and underpaid.) if you live in a state where pot is legal it isn't legal for you. You are Federally regulated, random on demand UA's are part of your life. If you smoke the devils lettuce, you are risking your livelihood.

If you are an employer, even if the state says it's legal, and you don't care what legal activities (not your average employer) your employees engage in on their own time, your insurance company and in some cases, your contractors or customers are going to require you to to test your employees for drugs and alcohol. Have a beer with dinner, get drunk as a skunk on Saturday night, no biggie. Under current testing methods, it's a problem. It's prohibitive to hiring needed employees for a lot of businesses, employers who are limited in their growth because they can't hire enough people who want to work. Oddly, I think it is driving up wages for workers who don't smoke weed in states where it is legal.

I know there are tests available they can detect intoxication levels with MJ, no one is motivated to ante up for extra testing to find out if you were stoned during your UA or a week ago.

I am not concerned about drug testing for THC as I don't use marijuana, and if I get the right kind and purity of CBD it should have very minimal levels of THC. Just the same, I don't use it - yet. My pain is not bad enough (yet) to take the risk even with the minimal levels of THC it is supposed to have.

The last time I took a drug test was about 8-10 years ago IIRC - although increasingly most positions are requiring it, whether it makes sense or not. It really makes no sense for my current position and the only way my current employer would require it would be if I showed up to work under the influence and even then probably not.

10 Surprising side effects of legalizing marijuana 10 Surprising Side Effects To Legalizing Marijuana - Listverse

Learn some real truth--Crime rates plummeting, more $$$ for police, solving real crimes get lots more success, opioid use drops, public schools getting better--All these and more can happen all over the US--gonna be now or later-- Do you realize that medical marijuana is now legal in 28 states?

Don't know where it is that legal weed means less opioids. Cartels are flooding the streets with opioids to maintain their cash flow. I see more dead kids now than I ever remember. Little orange caps everywhere you go.

Now that 30 states have a medical marijuana program, it makes me wonder for how much longer will people be imprisioned for using a plant in the remaining states?
And when will the thousands who have been put into jail for using a substance that is now considered legal be let out of jail

Last Edited:
Now that 30 states have a medical marijuana program, it makes me wonder for how much longer will people be imprisioned for using a plant in the remaining states?
And when will the thousands who have been put into jail for using a substance that is now considered legal will be let out of jail
We still have long sentences for drug use and possession in Idaho. It can easily buy you 10 years and does every month somewhere in the state. Every time legalization is discussed, it is soundly beaten down. On the other hand, we have constitutional all carry of weapons including firearms. I think we have our priorities correct.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top