JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ran across this video on Youtube, about the struggle of indigenous tribes in Taiwan to retain their culture, hunting and using guns to hunt. It caught my interest because I spent a little time in Taiwan some years back.

Most Taiwanese people are ethnic Chinese, whereas the indigenous people are Austronesian, so there's a cultural divide. Apparently they are able to hunt to a degree, but Taiwan has severe controls on both hunting and firearms, so they can only use home-made guns. I had to watch for a while to figure out exactly what these guns are. Turns out they are just smoothbore steel tubes, using a steel ball-bearing for a bullet, and an industrial rimfire blank/nail cartridge! And the authorities still don't want them to have these dangerous, scary weapons!

I just thought it was interesting to see how they do things in a very different part of the world, with a very different way of thinking.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top