JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had the chance to shoot one of my dream rifles last weekend, very sweet shooting rifle, I'd like to own one someday

I rarely ask people to take pictures of me but this was worth it.

20170930_175537.jpg

1944-italy-florence-partisan.jpg
1944. Florence, Italy
The photo is of a partisan fighter in Florence, in the Tuscany region north of Rome.

La Resistenza was a partisan umbrella group of about a quarter-million members operating behind enemy lines from 1943 to 1945. As is usual, their weapons came from soldiers who escaped capture, those taken from the enemy, and air drops by the Allies. They also made off with new submachine guns stolen in quantity straight from the Beretta production lines.

Most fighting was classic guerrilla warfare in the rugged mountains of the interior. La Resistenza is said to have tied up six or seven German divisions, including two divisions that surrendered to them in 1945 and led to the collapse of the Occupation in northwest Italy. They also smuggled escaped POWs into Switzerland or across Allied lines, and supported Italian Jews evading deportation to the camps.

Before evacuating Florence the Germans held public executions of captured partisans. La Resistenza suffered about 50,000 killed or missing.

View attachment 401913
1944. Florence, Italy
The photo is of a partisan fighter in Florence, in the Tuscany region north of Rome.

La Resistenza was a partisan umbrella group of about a quarter-million members operating behind enemy lines from 1943 to 1945. As is usual, their weapons came from soldiers who escaped capture, those taken from the enemy, and air drops by the Allies. They also made off with new submachine guns stolen in quantity straight from the Beretta production lines.

Most fighting was classic guerrilla warfare in the rugged mountains of the interior. La Resistenza is said to have tied up six or seven German divisions, including two divisions that surrendered to them in 1945 and led to the collapse of the Occupation in northwest Italy. They also smuggled escaped POWs into Switzerland or across Allied lines, and supported Italian Jews evading deportation to the camps.

Before evacuating Florence the Germans held public executions of captured partisans. La Resistenza suffered about 50,000 killed or missing.

:s0101:

Vietnam1965.jpg

Two U.S. Marines apply modern know-how to an ancient craft - a round woven boat borrowed from a fisherman near Chu Lai, South Vietnam on Nov. 20, 1965. The Marines, on a patrol near the fishing village, borrowed the boat to cross the river two at a time and secure the opposite bank. The boat, maneuvered by two long unwieldy oars, is woven from rattan and reeds. (AP Photo/John T. Wheeler)

SHORPY-8b16881a.jpg
Click to view full sized Via Shorpy.
December 1937. "Deer hunter. Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania." Medium format acetate negative by Arthur Rothstein.

Appears to be:
Via Comments: "The Remington Model 14 had 12 widely-spaced grooves in the forestock, as does the one in the photo"
"is a Remington 14 or 141 carbine - probably a 14, as the similar 141 was produced only from 1935 on, and in small numbers."

The Remington Model 14 was a pump-action repeating rifle designed for the Remington Arms company by John Pedersen. It is part of a series of rifles that include the Remington Model 14-1/2 and the Remington Model 141.

8hbr8p9x47yz.jpg

A German soldier with a saw tooth bayonet stands in a dugout wearing his brow plate slid down to his neck, World War I
Presumably, this would allow him to keep the weight off his head until he raised it to place it over his helmet lugs. The saw tooth bayonet was a weapon considered to be too brutal in an already barbaric war. When plunged into the victim, it caused severe pain, also pulling out the victim's insides when removed. Therefore, any prisoners captured with this version of bayonet were immediately executed.

50 years ago today*

Vietnam19682.jpg
American Marines wade calf-deep through mud and water as they leave on a patrol, near Da Nang, Vietnam, Jan. 26, 1968. The mud is getting deeper in Vietnam as the monsoon season continues. (AP Photo)

* unless you are not reading this today, in which case this is over 50 years old.

50 years ago today*

View attachment 424882
American Marines wade calf-deep through mud and water as they leave on a patrol, near Da Nang, Vietnam, Jan. 26, 1968. The mud is getting deeper in Vietnam as the monsoon season continues. (AP Photo)

* unless you are not reading this today, in which case this is over 50 years old.
I have said this before in other threads .there is a good book called THE BOYS OF 68 my mom was good friends with a few guys that are in that book and still is freinds with the ones that came home some died

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top