JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
She looks like a very lovely woman, the first part of the tragedy is having crap taste in men. If you want to avoid domestic violence do not date scumbags of any gender. These problems always start with some form of loser being let into the life of a person. A brilliant friend once told me, "You can't polish a turd", when explaining why he canned his lousy girlfriend.

I used to get teased by my buddies from refusing to date any women with bad credit, bad life choices, loser ex's in jail or prison, random children from different daddies, a history of stupid decisions in any form or poor work histories. It does not matter how amazing those tata's are if they are connected to an idiot who is going to ruin your life, credit and make your life a hell.

All the karate in the world cannot stop 99% of what happens to people and a gun won't stop the other 1% if you are unwilling, unable or untrained. The best way to avoid the problem is to never put yourself in the situation to start with and trust me , that woman knew she was dating a turd from day ONE. She probably loved the humping or got off on being treated like dirt in the beginning, thinking that was a reflection of his amazing manliness or some such crap. Then she figured out he is a wife beating insecure loser who planned on mooching off her and screwing her friends for the rest of his life.

This could have been avoided by exercising better judgment in the first place.

Last Edited:
I mentioned (more or less) in another thread just this evening: when (most) girls (or women) execute martial arts on a guy (like me: strong with an exceptional pain threshold) it's mildly annoying, but mostly it just tickles.... sorry ladies, but it's mostly true.

As for her not owning a firearm, and assuming she had the prevailing "Eugene attitude", I suppose she died "morally superior". :rolleyes:
Just saw this thread. What a terrible and tragic thing.
What you said is pretty true. I'm not built like a tank by any means but have received injuries that really should have killed a bull of the bovine sort and I was able to carry on.
To kill or stop a human (be it male or female) with only your body is a very iffy and difficult proposition. "Aikido" was originally invented to put them on the ground so you could then stick a blade betwixt armor joints.

Just saw this thread. What a terrible and tragic thing.
What you said is pretty true. I'm not built like a tank by any means but have received injuries that really should have killed a bull of the bovine sort and I was able to carry on.
To kill or stop a human (be it male or female) with only your body is a very iffy and difficult proposition. "Aikido" was originally invented to put them on the ground so you could then stick a blade betwixt armor joints.

I'm on your side, but this site is for building our knowledge. I have black belts in Tracy Kenpo and American Kenpo and I have studied Aikido at various schools. I have taught groups for too many years and now just teach three students at my home school. Aikido is true what you say about putting them on the ground and a blade into them. But, Aikido is not practical when being attacked by many attackers in a small area and even one attacker in a smaller area such as an elevator. For "real" combat "no rules", you need a kicking and punching art along with your Aikido.
That combination makes you a lot more formidable.
That said, I have taken down massive bodybuilders and I'm 5'2" slim. I'm the type of guy that Stomper would sneer at. Even if your a female, if you study a street art and keep practicing about three days a week forever--or more, the chances would be in your favor of taking Stomper down. No offense Stomper, but it's true, but--only if she really gives her heart and soul to learning and practicing. Sure, she has to move like a butterfly and sting like a wasp, or one punch from you and she is down! Real combat is a combination of body motion, joint locks and knowing when to use them, and kicking and striking the proper areas. Training the body (female or male) for true defense is not easy. Movies are extremely misleading.
Sifu

I don't "sneer"'at anyone... that's how you DO get your arse handed to you. ;)

Back in '86 my Army bud Ricky Davila (a 150# Puerto Rican) proceeded to peel a 200#+ black dude like a grape after he (black dude) slapped him upside the back of the head trying to show off to some white girls as we were walking into a DC nightclub.

It wasn't a "everyone was Kung Fu fighting" scene.... it was like a rabid wolverine that that wrapped himself around that guy and almost bit his nose and ear off, then stomp kicked his inner arches and temple punched him, knocking him the hell OUT!

Ruined my Saturday night... we had to GTFOD before the cops showed up.

No sneering here! ;)

I don't "sneer"'at anyone... that's how you DO get your arse handed to you. ;)

Back in '86 my Army bud Ricky Davila (a 150# Puerto Rican) proceeded to peel a 200#+ black dude like a grape after he (black dude) slapped him upside the back of the head trying to show off to some white girls as we were walking into a DC nightclub.

It wasn't a "everyone was Kung Fu fighting" scene.... it was like a rabid wolverine that that wrapped himself around that guy and almost bit his nose and ear off, then stomp kicked his inner arches and temple punched him, knocking him the hell OUT!

Ruined my Saturday night... we had to GTFOD before the cops showed up.

No sneering here! ;)
Gotcha.
Sifu

Take the little gal doing this awesome round house-super suflex-raging octopus-flying tiger-mad monkey crane kick in this link....

http://izismile.com/2015/11/05/daily_gifdump_30_gifs-26.html

If you don't get distracted by her obvious "assets", a simple step into her body rather than a typical reflexive step back (giving her the room she needs to wind up) deflates that whole dance move and leaves her open to joint breakage (and a stomp kick to the arch) and possible water sports afterwards....

Just sayin' ;)

Karate katas are for belt tests, not street defense.
I stopped teaching kata or forms, 30 years ago. Students would come back to me and tell me their "adventures" of being attacked and how they handled it. I seriously believe that katas were important a thousand years ago as a way of remembering the separate techniques. Most of the time forms are taught in a commercial studio and keep students longer, thus more $$.
Sifu

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads