JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll chime in. We give 30 days, and there is a reason for this. People forget (I know how can you gorget you're buying a gun:huh:) and the gun that I've already paid for sits there waiting on this dude who says he'll be back or call in to make payments. Right now the count in my vault of guns on layaway that have been forgotten is at 12! With 30 day terms it motivates the buyer more so than the attitude of "I've got 90 days to pay it off".
Not that we're trying to make them buy it faster, but what's the point of taking it off the shelf for retail sale when a guy only puts $50 down on it and never comes back?! We do work with our customers and I call them to remind all the time but it's the same story every time, "I'll be in tomorrow", "Give me an extra 90 days", "I'm not ready to pay for it you don't have finance charges right?".

I just gets too much to deal with, and too much money tied up in product that's simply not moving.

Just my two cents for what it's worth.:D

I'll chime in. We give 30 days, and there is a reason for this. People forget (I know how can you gorget you're buying a gun:huh:) and the gun that I've already paid for sits there waiting on this dude who says he'll be back or call in to make payments. Right now the count in my vault of guns on layaway that have been forgotten is at 12! With 30 day terms it motivates the buyer more so than the attitude of "I've got 90 days to pay it off".
Not that we're trying to make them buy it faster, but what's the point of taking it off the shelf for retail sale when a guy only puts $50 down on it and never comes back?! We do work with our customers and I call them to remind all the time but it's the same story every time, "I'll be in tomorrow", "Give me an extra 90 days", "I'm not ready to pay for it you don't have finance charges right?".

I just gets too much to deal with, and too much money tied up in product that's simply not moving.

Just my two cents for what it's worth.:D

Any smokin' deals on forgotten lay-a-way guns? :D

Layaway plans use to be they way people bought most big items but when it became easier to get credit cards the layaway kind of disapeared. Now with the way things are layaway is starting to come back in some stores. Maybe not gun stores now but it might with people not using credit cards as much.

the ffl sellout here in prineville that i posted a while back is more then happy to give you 30 days, on all the items that he has on sale,but if your going to take up to 90 days he has to put it at orig. price-yup ! even me. he is my gun guy ,but like i know what he means --he's still a business !! and once it comes off the shelf-- no one with cash can buy it-just my thoughts.

steven

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads