JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun shop Jerk? Know it alls? I think you're all being a bit harsh. I've learned everything I need to know from guns shop employees. For instance, if it's not a colt then it sucks, period. Polymer guns are trash so stay away from them, even if they have been tested and been out for decades like Glock. Don't believe the hysteria, it's all trash. Also, if I ever need any more rifle clips I always know where to find them thanks to those friendly gun shop folks. :cool:

Gun shop Jerk? Know it alls? I think you're all being a bit harsh. I've learned everything I need to know from guns shop employees. For instance, if it's not a colt then it sucks, period. Polymer guns are trash so stay away from them, even if they have been tested and been out for decades like Glock. Don't believe the hysteria, it's all trash. Also, if I ever need any more rifle clips I always know where to find them thanks to those friendly gun shop folks. :cool:
And now we all know exactly which store you went to ;)

Only an idiot would not realize that if a man is there WITH his wife that the purchases must be CLEARED by his wife. Almost every time I've been in a gun store with my wife we are shopping for her. I make that clear from the get go to any sales clerk and tell them SHE is the decision maker, I'm only there to prevent her from being talked into a bad decision. Otherwise SHE drives the conversation and purchase. I also take a couple of steps away from them - close enough to listen for salesman BS, but far enough away to not be a part of the conversation.

Not always the case my friend. I clear NO PURCHASES with my wife. She's not the boss.

Not always the case my friend. I clear NO PURCHASES with my wife. She's not the boss.

Yeeaaaaaaa no. My wife doesn't dictate where I spend my money.

She has a budget, and I don't tell her how to spend it. I make the money, she doesn't tell me how to spend it. Boom.... no whipped b!tches in this relationship.

Don't let it get you down, Pasty! Some of these guys, especially the older ones, have never learn to deal with women. Women terrify them! Sad but true! Remember, they're much more scared of you! LOL!!!
'Course, some of them are just complete Richard Heads!!! ;)

I agree that some gentlemen just can't get the stereotypes out of their heads. I joined a gun club. I shoot. I showed up for the shoots. My husband has other hobbies. But I still got club newsletters addressed to Mr & Mrs. Didn't both me until I renewed my membership and the male club secretary made out my membership card to both me and my hubby. I sweetly explained that I'd need him to redo my card bc it was for ME. lol.
I guess when I'm in a gun shop, I've got my 'bad bubblegum' boots on, so if a clerk is ignoring me, I might point out that I'm the one holding the money today so I'd like them to speak to me, not just the men.
We are breaking stereotypes here, ladies, and not everyone is on the same learning curve. I have many female friends who are all "what? YOU SHOOT? Guns?" when they find out I'm a gun owner! Goes both ways.

If you're in the McMinnville area give TJ Guns a shot. TJ is owned and operated by Troy and Jessica Ribble. Troy has another night shift job so Jessica is probably there more than Troy is. They also have employees working the shop 2 of which are women. I know my wife is good going there because anyone will answer her questions without making her feel stupid. When she wants a new gun I let her "shop" for it and talk to the people at the store herself. She's usually done a little research before she goes in anyway.

If you're in the McMinnville area give TJ Guns a shot. TJ is owned and operated by Troy and Jessica Ribble. Troy has another night shift job so Jessica is probably there more than Troy is. They also have employees working the shop 2 of which are women. I know my wife is good going there because anyone will answer her questions without making her feel stupid. When she wants a new gun I let her "shop" for it and talk to the people at the store herself. She's usually done a little research before she goes in anyway.
I love TJ's......bought a few things from them and highly recommend them.

I find it best to just pretend that I'm listening when there is a know it all behind the counter of a gunshop. I've tried several times before to correct a sales person about something but since they are the guy behind the counter they couldn't possibly be wrong about anything. I personally find this kind of thing very very annoying,especially since a lot of the time I can tell its simply because I'm a younger guy so they assume young=little or no experience,I'm sure they make it even worse if you are a woman. Personally I feel its best to just do any research on a gun at home where the info won't be biased or sales based and then hold it and buy it in a shop if it feels right in the hands.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top