JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I tried the Gun Shop job thing for a few months, but the shop owner didn't like that more people, especially the ladies, didn't purchase the first visit! I would try and answer questions with out my own opinion ( unless they asked for it) and let the customers tell me what they thought they wanted and why, or they knew what the options were and needed to see and touch them in person before making a choice! I enjoyed that for a while, but the shop put a lot of pressure on us to Sell, Sell, Sell. and that didn't sit right with me! I didn't want to be that guy that just tries to sell you the first thing he thinks you NEED, or like the GunRoom, A 1911, cause only real men carry an 1911, and those that don't, he don't bother with!!!

My wife is a 1911 fanatic, she owns 2 and I have several. It's the only hand gun she likes to shoot, I'd say she has well over 15k rounds of 1911 trigger time. She has had several bad experiences at many different shops, from guys telling her she won't be able to handle the recoil to 45acp is not for women.

theres a r-tard at one of the NWarmory locations that racked a glock about 100 times, points it at the wall, at the floor, at the counter, to dry fire it before handing it to me. its like, WTF are you doing? just safely check the gun and safely hand it to me. you are not impressing me nor being what i consider safe so i walked away.

also, sportsmans in salem is notorious for know it alls behind the gun counter. some of the S-bubblegum i hear them say is just way the F-bubblegum inaccurate as all he!!.

OH AND THEN THERES GUNSCRATHERS...errr Guncrafters in salem, i dont even wanna get started about them.

I didn't want to be that guy that just tries to sell you the first thing he thinks you NEED, or like the GunRoom, A 1911, cause only real men carry an 1911, and those that don't, he don't bother with!!!

We can start a whole thread on crazy pants Warren, and his church-funded "store." I'm sure I could come up with some Chuck Norris type jokes about his crotchety self.

Did you know he flies to gun manufacturers to "hand select" the factory guns he sells? That's why they're marked ABOVE retail. (Warren really claims he does this.)

Last Edited:
My pet peaves are the shops who charge over and above MRSP! I get that sometimes you can because of locale but one 6920 is much like the other 3 million or so out there.

Or the C&R deals :mad: at a premium with mismatched parts and sewer pipe bores.
I don't mind paying a bit extra local vs mail order but do treat me lke a customer and not an ATM.

Big fan of the mom & pop shops.

Brutus out

I hung out in there a few times and found him and his kids to be about the worst type of "salesmen" around! He repeatedly claimed his stuff to be better then every one else's, yet his supply of factory stuff was no different then any other shop! I had heard that many of the vendors stopped selling to him because he had pizzed them all off! The last time I was brave enough to step foot in there, I didn't see any thing but Remington on the new racks! No Winchester, No Browning, No Ruger, No Marlin, No Savage, No Weatherby, Nothing! On the shot gun side, he had a bunch of really nice ultra expensive doubles, but nothing a normal fella could afford! Plus, the attitude was about as bad as it gets! I didn't end up buying any thing!

@Ura-Ki
He's only in business because the stinking rich parishioners at his church on Mt. Scott believe they should only financially support other parishioners. They're money-heavy, and gun-stupid. They buy anything he sells to them. Including the BS.

Funny, I love doing the same thing! It's amazing to see, and even better with my wife with her thick Slavic accent! especially when she asks to see a specific firearm or asks for a specific load! Sales men can be really "stupid" some times! I have been surprised by a few, and that is pleasing!

I'm an arthritic little old lady that can't hardly pull a trigger or rack a slide so only I know what gat to git in that situation. So I rule.
joke

When my wife and I were shopping for a pistol for her, we were pleasantly surprised to find not just one but two women show up behind the counter at the Oregon City Fred Meyer. Both were very knowledgeable, so I just listened in and got out of the way.

We also had a similar good experience at NW Armory. It made it easier for my wife to relate (her first firearm) and also reinforced that it was not only OK but normal for a woman to have her own gun.

I'll also add that the last time I was at Curt's in Milwaukie they also had a female behind the counter who was very helpful.

I'm hoping this is a trend, because I'd like to see a lot more women exercising their 2A rights. Also, having more female gun owners helps us to preserve those rights.

When my wife and I were shopping for a pistol for her, we were pleasantly surprised to find not just one but two women show up behind the counter at the Oregon City Fred Meyer. Both were very knowledgeable, so I just listened in and got out of the way.

We also had a similar good experience at NW Armory. It made it easier for my wife to relate (her first firearm) and also reinforced that it was not only OK but normal for a woman to have her own gun.

I'll also add that the last time I was at Curt's in Milwaukie they also had a female behind the counter who was very helpful.

I'm hoping this is a trend, because I'd like to see a lot more women exercising their 2A rights. Also, having more female gun owners helps us to preserve those rights.

There was a knowledgeable young gal at the OC Fred Meyer, but I haven't seen her in a while. I wonder if she still works there?

Boy I got a kick out of it when my wife went to buy her first pistol, she was dead set on a revolver, 357 in stainless and it had to be a 4in minimum better if it was a 6, LOL talk about some of the looks she got walking around the gun shot booths, I kept about ear shot away most o the time, she has been to a number of shows and buys just like me, walk around check em out and then come back.. So many guys trying to sell her 38's or lady smiths... lol boy when they finally asked her what she wanted and she tells them a 6in 357 and nothing less.. Lol that was a great day.

The reasons you guys mentioned above is the reason I will never go into the philomath gun shop ever again, I have been in there 7 or 8 times, and I think only once did the guys behind the counter bother to ask me if I needed help and when you would ask them a particular question they would answer only that question and never tell you a word more.. CNS is almost kinda the same way, I go in there from time to time, they are quite a bit nicer, but still they probably get quite a few lookers in there.

Albany Gun and Coin is a different story, went in the one day to ship a firearm out because they had the best price.. and when I first walked in the two people were busy doing some paperwork but when I said i needed to ship a gun, the owner or manager came out and we talked it up for awhile.. He was a good time talking to. I will most definitely go back to them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top