JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think Dick's used faulty logic when they decided to enter the lefty game of virtue-signaling.

Figuring the amount of revenue lost from 18-21 yr old's firearm sales vs the gain from anti-gun golfers and tennis players was at best a static analysis. They probably figured-in a small amount of short-lived "protest boycotts" on top of that. But what I think they failed to factor in was revenues from hunters and pro 2A people who have never bought firearms or related gear from them but spend a couple hundo every season for their kids' baseball, tennis, lacrosse, football, or other sporty-goods. Not to mention their own camping, hunting, golf, or whatever gear, clothing and shoes, boots, etc. Those (former) customers up the ante exponentially...

That's a good point about the other items hunters bought -- I know in the past I've gone in to get something or browse around, and also walked out with items for my wife. That won't be happening ever again, but there is another issue: While you can buy a gun online, it is a total hassle, whereas buying a tennis racket is as easy as hitting Amazon and having it in your hand two days later without any special arrangements. There really is no incentive to fight traffic and parking to go to Dicks for things that don't require a background check, and since their new policy, there's just no reason to even go.

Didn't Under Armour just get stuff made out of polyester, gave it a cool sounding name, called it "wicking", and sold it at a huge markup?

I never understood the appeal.

My wifey and I probably have 50+ UA products and have not purchased any from TheDick's since their leader went full retard. Lots of my shirts are trashed now and I need more, but still not going to buy from TheDick's.

Dicks used to be great, OK that's a Lie
I used to buy all my ammo and guns from Dicks, OK thats a lie.
I found their customer service to be great, OK thats a lie.
I will miss Dicks when they close, OK thats a lie.

So when they close all these stores? Will the towns they were in now be Pickless ?:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Meh...

Soon Dick's will go soft, shrivel up and be gone...

See what I did there?!?!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

giphy.gif

Dick's can't close up shop soon enough for me. Though I don't care to see folks lose their jobs. Still, I will consider their closing a net good result.

I think we should not be punning, about this. As i am sure eventually the facts will come out, and they may feel a painful
prick in how their future business may be, I am sure it will be something the company will have a hard time swallowing, being there business could end soon. But I do hope there are lines at their stores with mass amounts of people coming in and coming out buying all their new inventory that will surely have to increase in size to solve this problem, since they no longer carry firearms we want to buy.

I love this forum, were we can have a nice grown up discussion about how this store may be effected.

Dicks used to be great, OK that's a Lie
I used to buy all my ammo and guns from Dicks, OK thats a lie.
I found their customer service to be great, OK thats a lie.
I will miss Dicks when they close, OK thats a lie.

So when they close all these stores? Will the towns they were in now be Pickless ?:rolleyes:

In my area, they had decent sales on clay pigeons and shotgun shells from time to time. So I used to shop there.

Dick's thought pandering to the left would help them look good. What they have painfully found out is the left that they were sucking up to doesn't buy sporting goods. The David Hogg types generally aren't your jocks or outdoorsmen. So they drove off their base and gained nothing for it.
Serves them right.

Dick's thought pandering to the left would help them look good. What they have painfully found out is the left that they were sucking up to doesn't buy sporting goods. The David Hogg types generally aren't your jocks or outdoorsmen. So they drove off their base and gained nothing for it.
Serves them right.

If they want to appeal to the "left" they should sell bongs, pipes, syringes, women's underwear, bizarre sexy-toys.... etc.

:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads