JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The people who hate them for being anti gun already hated them before this. The fudds don't care and they saw a bump from the virtue signal crowd.

I still see them going under before too long though. Not because of this, but because that's the way retail is going.

There Ammo was always over priced they never had a huge selection of guns they catering to baseball football bike riding tennis bla bla bla hiking they never where a huge gun or hunting store

They were able to make more money on declining same store sales. Color me unimpressed as that is a failing business strategy.

These stores rely on clothing sales. They are basically clothing stores with some other stuff. Sports Authority was the same way and where are they now? As internet sales increase these stores will have more and more issues staying afloat. Big 5 is too but they have a much different business model and target audience and deal in volume. Business can shift stuff around to show a short term profit but this isn't sustainable if they have a failing model, which it appears they do. Sports Chalet (mostly in CA) was one of the first chains to fold because of this.

Most of us prefer to go to a LGS or something like Sportsman's and buy in person. Sure, Midway and some others get some business but it's not the same as fighting with Amazon.

They were able to make more money on declining same store sales. Color me unimpressed as that is a failing business strategy.
I agree, when same store sales figures decline, year over year, that is not a good sign. And that Dick's was able to massage their numbers and claim a higher than expected earnings for the remainder of the year (probably just to gain that big jump in stock price), probably setting up a "pump and dump" strategy for the insiders and big investors. I know I won't be buying anything from them. Ever.

Oddly Dicks is expanding its store numbers, so I would imagine there's some funny business going on with the financials reporting! How do you build stores at a net loss, and still show a profit! Now, most stores are leased properties in pre existing locations, but still, how do you flood an area with stores while showing a profit? This has to be a short term bump, there is no way they could sustain this momentum by spreading diminishing profits over a larger surface area! Something sure dosnt look right!:eek:

If I'm going to be honest, I'd think not a lot of gun owners went to Dick's Sporting Goods after their first incident.

Plus their other stuff is almost always overpriced so you have little to no reason to get anything there to begin with.

It never was much of a gun store. It was a niche part and they are being supported by the anti gun faction who like what theyve done. From a business perspective they gambled and won.

I never bought anything firearms related there, but have bought a couple backpacks, tents, and a small stack of disc golf discs there. But I've made my last purchases at Dicks.

Had to go there today. My 3 wood broke ( WTF ) and they were the only shop in town that sells individual clubs and Ive got a tournament later this week. I know. Piss poor reason.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top