JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was just in dicks the other day. Man that place has changed. Fine if you only want scatter gats/durr rifles and some over priced ammo.

The section with all the fun stuff was largely reduced in my area, had to see it to believe it.

Thank god sportsmans warehouse is still a thing along with indie owned stores.

I wonder why the article didn't mention 1st quarter results for this year? Seems like those figures should have been available by now. My guess is that they were even worse than the 2% decline in the 4th quarter of 2017, and will get worse. Alienating a good chunk of potential customers is not usually conducive to increasing sales and profitability.:rolleyes:

Sent an email to the main fishing suppliers so will see what sort of response they give. The Jenson family are serious folks and this type of thing dosnt sit well with them. Same thing with Cascade Designs which handles about 50% of the good outdoor gear! Will be fun to see where the suppliers and vendors stand with a retailer bent on destroying the rights of a free people! I'm drafting e mails to most of the Junior sports leagues, the Bass Pro tourniment organisers, Ranger boats, and other competitive sports Dicks is sponsoring, basically any place they fly a Dicks Flag, I'm emailing for a reply! I didn't start digging this hole their in, but I'm sure to help dig it deeper for them! :mad:
This is what happens when a Predator comes in and treats people like meat sacks!:mad::mad::mad:

I wonder why the article didn't mention 1st quarter results for this year? Seems like those figures should have been available by now. My guess is that they were even worse than the 2% decline in the 4th quarter of 2017, and will get worse.

According to the NASDAQ site, their fiscal quarter earnings report is supposed to be released before market open on May 30th. It should be interesting to see.

Alienating a good chunk of potential customers is not usually conducive to increasing sales and profitability.:rolleyes:

Agreed. I don't know how their move couldn't have hurt them. The question is how much.

Dicks is but a drop in the bucket to its suppliers, many of which are staunch 2nd supporters, so to have Dicks come out against the 2nd and take a anti stance should drive suppliers to cut ties with out much loss to them! The bigger suppliers also wouldn't loose much if they decided to cut ties. Any one wanna take a stab at a email to Nike, North Face, Columbia Sports Wear, Addidas, Russel, Under Armor! Those are the big players and suppliers to Dicks, and if even one pulled it's product lines!

Last Edited:
I wonder why the article didn't mention 1st quarter results for this year? Seems like those figures should have been available by now. My guess is that they were even worse than the 2% decline in the 4th quarter of 2017, and will get worse. Alienating a good chunk of potential customers is not usually conducive to increasing sales and profitability.:rolleyes:

Their 1st quarter (which ended April 30th) results will be released on May 30th.

b79d083d6b2b589b2a7ff01df6c5c909.jpg

I've been giving Big5 my cash lately. They don't have everything but that's OK. Surprisingly though they pack quite a bit into their stores and they're not ashamed of their gun section at all.

I've been giving Big5 my cash lately. They don't have everything but that's OK. Surprisingly though they pack quite a bit into their stores and they're not ashamed of their gun section at all.

Going with that they also offer a veteran discount

Their 1st quarter (which ended April 30th) results will be released on May 30th.

Update on their earnings was released today - bad news for those hoping to boycott them out of business - they exceeded earnings estimates by the biggest margin since 2011, causing their stock to climb 24% on the news. As a result, they've bumped their projected earnings for the year. So, for now, they're doing well, much better than expected.

That said, some analysts caution that this may be just a momentary blip by consumers that wanted to show support for the Dick move to stop selling 'evil' guns as well as selling to 18-20 year olds. Will their newfound profit and optimism continue? That remains to be seen. For now though, it seems too premature to proclaim the death of Dick's, no matter how much joy that may bring the gun community.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top