JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Going store to store to buy different guns every day is one thing and I have gone on binges like that but I agree that to back out of a gun because of a delay will probably make it worse.

This might clear up some BS shops give you, the amount of time for checks and releasing your purchase after 72 hours (business days).

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/98-99-operations-report?12
Well according to this only 5% get delayed after 2 hours. Due to some type of check for criminal activity. I have only got 2 speeding tickets in my life both were paid and done with a long time ago. So here we are on day 3 and still no release. Something is not right here.

I see a lot of debate on register and non-register for gun owners. Never cared about it at all. told my self that i have nothing to hide and don't care about registering my gun. But with this headache i might as well bought from a private owner and said forget it. They want you to register but then make it a pain in the butt to do it. I have nothing to hide and wanted to be 100% legit but im getting to the point of forgetting the whole thing and buying private.

If no gun by Friday i will be buying private.

CHP (In Oregon it's a Concealed Handgun Permit) is issued on a County level in the State you live in. NICS is "Federal" and doesn't give a hoot about your local level background checks.
I'm squeaky clean and yet got a delay several years ago. I'll never know why I was delayed. That isn't info that will ever be released.

All of this is a pain in the A$$.
btw it is NCIC, not NCIS. NCIS is only on tv:)

"Yes. got my CPL on Friday then Sat i went to buy."
there might be the issue, my first dealer buy took the max 3 days.

btw it is NCIC, not NCIS. NCIS is only on tv:)

I didn't say NCIS. I did type that first and realized what I did wrong, but that was never posted.

But, you are wrong. NICS. National Instant Check System.

NCIC, National Crime Information Center is something different.

Google could be your friend.

Today im thinking of going in and saying "well its been 3 bushiness days, i can have my gun now right?", what you think they will say? I guess if they say no we are still waiting for a return i might just cancel and go buy private. HHHMMMM what to do???? go in and be a A$$ or just sit and wait a bit longer. :p

Today im thinking of going in and saying "well its been 3 bushiness days, i can have my gun now right?", what you think they will say? I guess if they say no we are still waiting for a return i might just cancel and go buy private. HHHMMMM what to do???? go in and be a A$$ or just sit and wait a bit longer. :p

I would offer a third option, go in and not be an "A$$". It is possible to ask about the three day period having passed in a calm, polite fashion.

I would offer a third option, go in and not be an "A$$". It is possible to ask about the three day period having passed in a calm, polite fashion.
Yes i know its not there fault and me being a a$$ is kinda hard for me anyways :cool:. Im way to relaxed to to get all pissed off at anyone for something as small as this. Just being a funny guy. I hope it does but from what i read a lot of places still will not release the gun till a answer comes back. ;)

Yes i know its not there fault and me being a a$$ is kinda hard for me anyways :cool:. Im way to relaxed to to get all pissed off at anyone for something as small as this. Just being a funny guy. I hope it does but from what i read a lot of places still will not release the gun till a answer comes back. ;)

Yeah, releasing a gun and having the background come back denied later creates a lot of problems for the store. Most owners aren't willing to risk their businesses and livelihoods so someone can have their gun.

I've never been delayed, but my friend is delayed every other time. He shares the same name as his father, aside from the suffix of "Third". His dad did something which bars him from firearm ownership a long time ago. Even when my friend uses his SS#, he gets delayed. His CPL application to approval/issue time was faster than the background check & waiting period for a handgun o_O

I've never been delayed, but my friend is delayed every other time. He shares the same name as his father, aside from the suffix of "Third". His dad did something which bars him from firearm ownership a long time ago. Even when my friend uses his SS#, he gets delayed. His CPL application to approval/issue time was faster than the background check & waiting period for a handgun o_O

Time for the aforementioned PIN.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads