JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm always delayed, because of investigations for security clearances from jobs, (which is a little ironic in itself). When the merchant stays on the phone and waits, as they did when I picked up my suppressor last Spring, the FBI came back on the line within about 10 minutes and cleared the transfer.

The agent on the other end of the phone asked the seller for my birthdate and city of birth or some other such questions and we were done. Badda-bing, badda boom.

So, lesson from this is: IF the seller would just stay on the line, then the transaction can be completed right there without all of the fal-de-ral of days waiting. But most of 'em don't want to take the time, so they just hang up after the NICS system says "delayed".

:cool: Bleh.

One thing you may want to prepare yourself for is another delay in purchase if your other background check is cancelled or stills shows pending. You may want to call your local ATF office and ask what you should do.
They can instruct you as to what you csn do to help coear this up.

Have you ask the shop owner about te hold up or if he tried calling back. It may just be waiting for someone to take action.

He didn't even call. Did it all on computer. I did see the other sales men call and that guy left with his gun. My salesman just put everything in the computer then said "I got bad news. It's delayed".

Well I still have not heard. So I bought a Glock 22 from the classified adds on here. Very happy with it. So when they call 3 months from now I will say sorry bought somewhere else.

The computer is generally far quicker and more accurate than the phone for Federal NICS checks. Seriously, have you ever tried to relay all the information on the front of a 4473 to someone across the country who speaks Georgia's version of English? I'm sorry you were delayed, but the computer entry vs. call-in component likely had little or nothing to do with it.

Here is something funny :s0140:. Mom applied to buy a gun Sat night at 5pm. yesterday at 1pm she got a call that she is ok to come get it. She has no CPL. Mine still on hold :s0002:

I always get a delay when the seller uses a computer for the background check. I have a UPIN and I think the procedure takes to long and sort of time outs the computer program. I ask them to do the check by phone and always get a proceed. Contrary to what some dealers say they can do a phone call to a delayed computer check and ask what the problem is. I have always got a proceed after that call. I won't do business with a dealer who won't agree to do the back up phone call.

Yeah I've never heard of doing a computer background check.
I've purchased a dozen or so firearms and always had phone checks done never had to wait longer than it takes to fill out the paperwork. I do always put down my ssn though

I don't even care at this point. When they call..... If they call. I will just say Sorry bought one already and to cancel the purchase. O well :cool:

I don't even care at this point. When they call..... If they call. I will just say Sorry bought one already and to cancel the purchase. O well :cool:

Sorry, man, but you need to just call the shop and tell them to cancel the purchase. You got delayed. It sucks. But now that inventory sits on their shelves and costs them money. As long as you are delayed and you don't tell them that you want to cancel the transaction, they have to sit on it. As a small shop owner, I can personally verify how frustrating that is.

Just call them and cancel. Don't wait, there's no point other than being an bubblegum...

Im not trying to be a a$$ about it but its not a small company. I don't want to say there name but lets just say its one of the big ones in King county WA. I am going to wait a month and a week. Then i will go up and see why its not going threw. I have a feeling something wasnt put in the computer right. I will let you guys know how it goes.;)

If you are delayed, its probably not their fault. At least here in Oregon, if we enter in the info wrong, we are alerted right away. Just my opinion, but I don't think keeping them on the hook like that is right. Put yourself in their shoes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top