JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depending on how far you wanna go with cleaning.... I own a Glock and an AK pistol. When I shoot them, I just clean the barrel and wipe the gun down. I would say after 500 round or so I will get into more detailed cleaning. With my new AR15.... anytime I shoot it I do a detail clean and lube. So I would say cleaning is very important specially if you are a bit of a clean freak like I am. Now with a Glock IMHO you don't really have to worry much about it being shinny clean but you don't want sand and mud built in it either lol and a light lubrication job is fine. For me it's just soothing when I clean my guns, so anytime I get the chance.... I put on some nice music or a good radio show and clean clean clean. Sometimes I spank the firearm when everything goes back together without a hitch lol but don't tell anyone ahahahah.

My own rule, I clean any firearm thoroughly after every use. That means solvent, brush and pads until they come out clean, then oil. If they have been handled and not fired then they occasionally get wiped down and a fresh light coat of oil on exterior metal parts. My carry piece gets field stripped and wiped free of any dust every two weeks or so. Also oiled as needed. Of course the way I was raised plays a big role on how I care for my guns so I have learned to enjoy the process. Unless you are over oiling or excesivly running a brass brush I don't think you can do any harm (correct me if i'm wrong). I am not an expert by any means so I am not claiming that anyone here is wrong but I always cringe when I see a gun that has obviously been fired and not cleaned. A clean gun is a happy one. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top