JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went out yesterday and bought my first Suppressor, a HEMS-2. The shop let me try out a bunch of them, and it was clearly the best! Plus, he had it in stock at a good price. Not a bad choice for a first can, eh?

I was pretty pumped, and was going to get the paperwork signed tomorrow, and hopefully have the can by summer.

Unfortunately, he called back this morning and told me that he had accidentally sold me a suppressor that had already been sold! He'd forgotten to mark the box, so it lookedl ike it was available, even though it wasn't.

So now, I've got to hope that SWR can get him another one soon. Looks like my wait is going to be even longer :(

I guess this'll give me that much more time to find a threaded barrel, and get through all my junky wolf ammo.

You had better get use to waiting for things like that in the NFA world. It happens, I sent 4K for a MG and waited 3 months to find out it was sold to someone else also.
It all happens for a reason, right?
PP

Haha, yeah. I was pumped at the time when he had this one in stock, since it was easily the best sounding one of the group. I was happy that my first Class 3 wait was going to be only the ATF time, and not the few months for SWR to get their act together.

The process for getting the can:
1- Purchase the can from a class 3, get the paper work, etc. Cost in this case was 700 bucks
2- Get two passport photos taken, add to the paperwork
3- Go to the police chief and have him sign off, as well as take two sets of finger prints on FBI cards
4- Send all the paperwork to the ATF with a 200 dollar check, and wait for a while
5- Pick up your can when the paperwork comes back

I thought I was going to be done with step 1 in no time, and get 2 and 3 done today, then just wait, but it looks like I'm stuck in the middle of 1 for a bit :/

How is it possible that it is easier to get in Washington State? all the difficulty in this case is due to the Feds, not the state government. Also, you aren't allowed to SHOOT one in WA...

I'm sure Pat is making it up to that guy in some manner. He seems like a solid business man.

Well I set up a living trust (or you could do it think a corporation, but if it goes out of business then you can't have your suppressor anymore), fill out some paper work, pay for the "can" and the tax stamp and BAM! I have it....well eventually I have it ;)

The gun shop does all the paper work and sets up the Trust for me. A lot of it has to do with my gun shop doing all the paper work for "free", although I think they just charge more in general and make you think its a deal.

For instance they charge $50 for a FFL transfer!!? Ridiculous huh? It makes it so I never get anything from out of state shipped in cause it kills the deal usually.

*This seems to be an Oregon forum.....yet it says Northwest?

You can do that in Oregon too with the trust. The process is the same from what I'm told, though you might not have to do the finger printing.

For a while, it was about 50/50 Oregonian/Washingtonian, though for some reason Washingtoners aren't joining at the same rate. They usually recruit from the gun shows in portland, so that might have a bit to do with it.

If you look around, you'll find a good number of washington posts.

Unfortunately, he called back this morning and told me that he had accidentally sold me a suppressor that had already been sold! He'd forgotten to mark the box, so it lookedl ike it was available, even though it wasn't.

Yea, sorry about that. But the guy ordered it back in June, and finally came in just before we left for Hawaii. Just didn't get marked.
Yours is on Order, SAME PRICE, well to you. Costing me a bit more, but o-well.

My 1st NFA xfer took just over a year. Some back then took a year & 1/2 or more. Then again, I have held cans from AR15.KOM Group Buys for over two years in my safe.

If you are in a hurry, I will GIVE you the AAC or TROS for the same price?

Pat

Nope, no hurry Pat, thanks for getting back to me. I really liked the SWR and I think it is definitely worth the wait.

I was really sort of just venting here, I'm still extremely happy with our transaction.

I just really hope it doesn't take a year and a half! lol...

Jim- there ARE other dealers, but none who come as well recommended as Oregon Research Labs, and none who would have helped me as much as he did. When my tax return comes in, I'm definitely going to visit him again!

Haha, yeah. I was pumped at the time when he had this one in stock, since it was easily the best sounding one of the group. I was happy that my first Class 3 wait was going to be only the ATF time, and not the few months for SWR to get their act together.

The process for getting the can:
1- Purchase the can from a class 3, get the paper work, etc. Cost in this case was 700 bucks
2- Get two passport photos taken, add to the paperwork
3- Go to the police chief and have him sign off, as well as take two sets of finger prints on FBI cards
4- Send all the paperwork to the ATF with a 200 dollar check, and wait for a while
5- Pick up your can when the paperwork comes back

I thought I was going to be done with step 1 in no time, and get 2 and 3 done today, then just wait, but it looks like I'm stuck in the middle of 1 for a bit :/

You could skip steps 2 and 3 if you set up a trust instead.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top