JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also bought a case of AMA Denex 5.56mm M855 Ammo 62 Grain rounds as well and the big difference is that they are not painted green on the tips. The Federal XM855, IMI M855, and the XTac 62gr are all painted green. I guess that is for safety reasons since they all make M193 rounds as well.
Norma SS109 isn't painted either.

Norma SS109 isn't painted either.
I don't believe SS109's are painted green until loaded to US mil spec. Then they are listed as M855, XM855 etc.

Foreign made/NATO spec keep the SS109 name, and normally aren't painted. From what I've seen anyhow.

Probably same goes for manufacturers using the SS109 for civilian use cartridges. No need to paint.

I don't believe SS109's are painted green until loaded to US mil spec. Then they are listed as M855, XM855 etc.

Foreign made/NATO spec keep the SS109 name, and normally aren't painted. From what I've seen anyhow.

Probably same goes for manufacturers using the SS109 for civilian use cartridges. No need to paint.

True.
M855 is the cartridge. SS109 is the bullet.

The Norma case doesn't look annealed but the primer is staked.
The velocity on paper is near M855 and a couple hundred fps more than PMC X-tac.

You're being sarcastic, right?

That's just another example of "I couldn't care less about my job, just pay me!!" millennialitis. It's even printed in English for their convenience. 😜
Ok Boomer. "Just shoot at the sounds."
Kidding, but in all seriousness, they look similar, the clerk might have not known they also got a shipment of 55gr still in a box and we're stocking two different loads.

Can someone clue me in... I thought ammo companies use the same packaging on plenty of their offerings and one needs to read the label rather than "grab the green box". I realize it may be a challenge with schools focusing on wokey woke BS rather than racist stuff like reading comprehension.

When you have hamburger flippers selling rocket parts, the burden really is on the back of the purchaser to make sure there really is ketchup in that bag before you drive away.
For the most part, looong gone, and I fear never to return, is the knowledgeable customer service person. Even the manager at the meat counter could not tell me the difference between shrimp and prawns, worse, cannot cut an even slice of meat if his life depended on it. No mater how marbled, I'm not buying a ribeye 1 1/2" on one end, and 3/4" on the other :confused: .
I feel your pain @peteNW503, rant over.
You don't want "real " prawns from the grocery store.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews