JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

The Magnum Opus of John Browning

• The 1911...

Votes: 42 54.5%
  • The Auto 5....

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • The 1894....

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • The BAR......

• The Superposed.....

• The Model 12......

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The "Ma Deuce" M2.....

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • The 1886....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Hi-Power....

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other......

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Want to see my bottle opener lol IMAG1077.jpg IMAG1076.jpg IMAG1078.jpg that's right 50BMG CUT TO OPEN BOTTLE 'S

YEP I know it's still killing as we speak someone somewhere in the world is letting some loose from a MA DUCE RIGHT NOW but was he the designer of it or did it come later lol I don't have time to look it up I'm drinking beer and watering my lawn lol
Too much detail.
You'll have to do it.

One bad mofo...
800px-Twin_M2HB_machine_gun.jpg

Lol when I win the lottery I'm going to have a armed hummer with a M2 PARKED IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE and I'll have a fishing boat with one also LOL

I love those old plane's I went to the Reno air race's once it's great my moms friend drove the truck for Jelly Belly you know the jelly beans they had a plane or had there name on it anyway they still flying faster than ever

Combat pilots that flew both the "Jug" and the Mustang often preferred the former. I was somewhat disappointed to see P-51's come in to save the day at the bridge at the end of Saving Private Ryan as a P-47 squadron would have been more appropriate.

Combat pilots that flew both the "Jug" and the Mustang often preferred the former. I was somewhat disappointed to see P-51's come in to save the day at the bridge at the end of Saving Private Ryan as a P-47 squadron would have been more appropriate.
It's documented that the P-47 was better for ground attack.
More durable.

For movie-making purposes it might have been easier to find the Mustangs.

I haven't voted... I'll just hang out on the fence for a while and add fuel to the fire so I don't get too chilly.

One thing that's always fascinated me was just how the early gunsmiths had to be part blacksmith to even have metal to start with. Then, how the heck did they machine and cut the metal? That borders on mystical to me.

I spent much of my youth in eastern Oregon. What kid (boys, anyway) didn't know what a Winchester 94 was? It's what almost every boy I knew wanted and was the rifle they were most likely going to use. I still have mine. It's actually a Winchester Model 1894, not a 94. Was "the" deer rifle for several generations.
Kinda hard to vote against the 1894 in any guise, ie, 1894, Mod 65. Mod 94.

When I started getting into rifle reloading, I started with the 45-70. I ended up with a Browning copy of the 1885, which is THE gun JMB started with. Without this gun, Winchester never would have traveled west to see what the commotion was about. I've drooled over every 1885 I've ever seen, even the later Browning and Winchester "copies".
Kinda hard to vote against the gun that started the whole "JMB is God, thing"...

I'm not a shotgunner and have zero military experience. I know the Auto 5 is revered, especially the Belgian guns. The BMG 50? it's not revered, it's feared! I've always thought the HiPower was really cool, partly because BHP are my initials, but I've never warmed up to the 9mm and the 40 BHPs aren't easy to come by. Every one of these is a viable weapon. If any one of these, and other, JMB guns were a real POS, they would not have a following.

But,

The 1911 is the brightest star in John Browning's portfolio. I don't need to talk it up, it's already been done. It's the "been there, done that" handgun. It is the reason any gun guy knows who JMB is. If this fantastic firearm had not been adopted by the military, followed by acceptance of the shooting public, JMB would probably not even be as widely known as Arthur Savage or Bill Ruger. (Two great firearm designers in their own rights)
What I'm saying is, the 1911 drew the attention to him, then everyone saw what a genius he really was.
51 Colt.jpg
(ok, i voted):D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews