JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My worst .22 was an earlier Ruger. I was taking apart to clean and when I put it back together, a little lever fell the wrong way and the whole thing was jammed. I had to take it to a gunsmith to get it apart again. I quickly traded it in on a push-button Mark IV, which is a dream. I do like the way the Buckmark shoots.
Sounds like a MKIII. I had one for a few years did that. Bricked it. I was going to send it back to Ruger and some gal on the phone walked me through how to fix it. I was shocked how easy it was. The old MKII I still have never does the same thing as the frame is steel. That MKIII frame was some kind of Polymer which had enough "give" to allow it to be bricked. Later it did it again and I had just had enough since by then I had bought a MKIV. Sold the damn thing. Whoever came up with that MKIV design I hope he made a mint. He deserves to have for coming up with that super simple idea.

That what I'M talkin' about! Only one other .22 pistol in the stable and that's a Buckmark. When I got it, new, I wanted to take it apart to lube properly. I took that right side grip off and stuff wanted to start falling out. Nope. Who the hell designs those thing anyway? They're like some cruel trick? I had to take that Colt to Velsey to make sure it was done right. That boy is a God!
I can get mine back together and functioning. I really need to put some locktight on the screw so it doesn't back out at the right tension. Strange thing. The one with the cocobolo handles went back together no problem

I took mine to a crusty old guy who has a shop in his backyard in Beaverton. I've been there a couple of times. Great gunsmith, reasonable prices. I can't remember his name, but I got the referral from J&B. He's probably too old to have a web page. My bricked .22 was a Mark III. I got a pretty good trade in value for it when I bought the Mark IV. Both that and the Buckmark shoot very nicely.

I took mine to a crusty old guy who has a shop in his backyard in Beaverton. I've been there a couple of times. Great gunsmith, reasonable prices. I can't remember his name, but I got the referral from J&B. He's probably too old to have a web page. My bricked .22 was a Mark III. I got a pretty good trade in value for it when I bought the Mark IV. Both that and the Buckmark shoot very nicely.
The idea behind the MKIV was light years better than what they had been doing since the pistol was first invented. I bought the MKII I have now back when I met the Wife, mid 90's. Wanted something to teach her to shoot. At that time we had not tried al's new invention, the net. Pistols came with a manual that kind of sucked. I took it down to clean it and could not get the damn thing back together. After reading the manual multiple times I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Soon I got on the net and gun groups were full of people angry over this same thing. Ruger must have been getting a lot of the pistols back in pieces as they soon re did the manual and made it FAR more clear what to do. Some after market place even made a kit to install to make the pistol take down and go together with an Allen Wrench. Soon there were video's of how to do it for those who were stuck. Kind of amazing it took that many damn years for some smart guy to figure out a better way to do it like the MKIV. They are a great pistol and the one BIG upside to the Rugers is the after market. There are so many of them sold there has long been a large after market of nice stuff to add on to them. Both of mine are FAR more accurate than I am capable of. Even back when my eye's were much younger I put a cheap Dot sight on Wife's MKII and using a rest was amazed at the dime size groups I was suddenly getting. Showed me that when I missed I could not blame the pistol :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews