JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get the Team Kate emails; what a farce. The surveys are structured to get only the feedback supporting the Democratic agenda with no allowance for comments. Of course the request for donations is prominent at the end...

I think what we're seeing is an effort to maneuver supporters of the Constitution into a corner; the results are going to be ugly.

I get the Team Kate emails; what a farce. The surveys are structured to get only the feedback supporting the Democratic agenda with no allowance for comments. Of course the request for donations is prominent at the end...

I think what we're seeing is an effort to maneuver supporters of the Constitution into a corner; the results are going to be ugly.

Sounds a lot like the NRA "surveys" I receive. Loaded questions that yield no actual data and serve to make donations happen. Also no option for "get off your lazy asses"..

Remember the states of Oregon and Washington have been Californiated and even California gun owners vote anti gun.
Western Oregon and Washington have no hope of being sane ever again with the amount of Californians here now. They migrated here to get away from what was there but in the process brought all they wanted to leave behind with them. Ridiculous traffic,unreal real estate cost and Liberal politics just to name a few.All the smart people have escaped from this lunacy and gone elsewhere and left this city to the hipsters and Californicaters.

So we should expect assault weapon bans, magazine restrictions and more "loophole" closing bills starting in January of 2018?

What is an "assault" weapon? What is a "loophole"? Whatever they say it is, subject to change at a whim in the future.

It's strangely called the shot gun effect. Try everything and see what sticks. I personally know of a case with a coworker who is in jail at this time. He threatened his girlfriend, was investigated and has been in jail ever since (a few months now).

Brown tries to implement new laws on top of new laws. She like a 7 year old building a Rocket Monster Truck. SB 719 Extreme risk protection order already address this.

Back when I was still working a customer mentioned that he had just bought an AR. But he thought they should be made illegal. I just about lost it with him in about 2 minutes of discussion and had to walk away. o_O:mad:
Sadly, that's how people are made. Rules are for keeping others in line. Look at speeding, texting and DUI. "Listen, I know what I'm doing and I can gently bend laws responsibly without endangering anyone. It's the other guy that I'm worried about."

Sadly, that's how people are made. Rules are for keeping others in line. Look at speeding, texting and DUI. "Listen, I know what I'm doing and I can gently bend laws responsibly without endangering anyone. It's the other guy that I'm worried about."

Reminds me of a guy that told me he wouldn't go to our local IDPA because we run a hot range during that competition. He carries concealed daily, yet he was worried about the other guys. o_O:rolleyes::mad:

Pretty useless article. Never really explained what the "boyfriend loophole" was and seemed to put the blame of the "Charleston loophole" on the FBI, which last I heard wasn't really under the direction of the Oregon State governess.
Did I totally misread it?
Here you go, sir...
"According to research compiled by Everytown, in 35 states, state law allows those convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence crimes (or those subject to restraining orders) to buy and use guns, even though federal law says otherwise. Meanwhile, the federal definition of "domestic violence" leaves some women, like sisters and girlfriends, unprotected from men who assault them by allowing the assailant to keep and buy guns, even after a conviction."
Source: The "boyfriend loophole" in U.S. gun laws is costing women's lives

Here you go, sir...
"According to research compiled by Everytown, in 35 states, state law allows those convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence crimes (or those subject to restraining orders) to buy and use guns, even though federal law says otherwise. Meanwhile, the federal definition of "domestic violence" leaves some women, like sisters and girlfriends, unprotected from men who assault them by allowing the assailant to keep and buy guns, even after a conviction."
Thanks for the links. Most of us here know what was being referred to. My point was more to the lazy "reporting" that we see all to often. We see these buzz phrases repeated over and over in an attempt to drum up outrage but rarely is there any actual unbiased reporting of facts. The term loophole in and of itself is an attempt to delegitimize gun owners and their rights. It's not about the facts, it's about controlling the language.

Here you go, sir...
The real boyfriend loophole is convincing women a piece of paper will protect them. Everytown should be held liable for making these women more "under protected" or "less safe" in their speak. Holding up a sheet of paper and shouting, this is my safe space, while being attacked is probably Bloomberg's...

Not likely with the Portlandia miscreants in the voting population.
Look on the bright side - it's worse in CA by a longshot
Have a glimpse at what is now considered a "Non-Violent Offense" for which convicts are eligible for "early release"
https://www.laadda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Facts-About-Prop-57-Detailed-Analysis.pdf

Pages 6 thru 9 are particularly disturbing

upload_2017-10-12_6-52-52.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top