JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of my relatives is an anti-gun voting Democrat who wants to "get a gun or two for the house" (whatever the f__ that means) before they are restricted into oblivion.

He strongly believes that "guns should be made illegal." Intelligent guy in all other ways (a highly successful engineer), but the stunning hypocrisy of that very notion eludes him every time we debate the issue.

I point out that illegal drugs don't seem to be any problem for his heroin addict son who has stolen from ALL family and (former) friends for years, failing rehab within hours every time he "graduates."

Still nothing clicks there. It's sad.

I always recommend Hi Point to hosers like that. It's not fair that a better gun should have to live in that kind of hateful environment. At least with a Hi Point they will hate each other equally.

Last Edited:
The influence of Michael Bloomberg should not be overlooked. He essentially bought the Oregon legislature and governess for slightly under 1M$. Our elected officials are not beholden to Oregon voters, they are beholden to a billionaire from New York. We need campaign finance reform.

The influence of Michael Bloomberg should not be overlooked. He essentially bought the Oregon legislature and governess for slightly under 1M$. Our elected officials are not beholden to Oregon voters, they are beholden to a billionaire from New York. We need campaign finance reform.

While that is true, Oregon was already lost before Bloomberg got here - what he did was take a slightly unbalanced, but somewhat in check legislature and pushed it into supermajority status, giving the Dems carte Blanche control in 2014. Since then we've struggled to get enough R's back in there to at least have enough influence to block some of this crap. But make no mistake, Bloomberg or no, we are outnumbered. Unless every single voter that wants to stop this gets involved, we have no chance to stop them.

Thank goodness we have Dennis Richardson at SOS, the one bright spot in this crap hole of a state government.

Last Edited:
I bought Alfalfa from a farmer across the river last night (on the Oregon side) We had a conversation about living in Oregon. He was really not happy about it. Typical great conservative guy (raised in Idaho) that hates the state government. That is why property values are 10-15% higher on the Idaho side.........but a million bucks is really cheep for a legislature........I am sure the criminals in Washington (state) would have been much more expensive. They are all bought and paid for.

Last Edited:
Look on the bright side - it's worse in CA by a longshot
Have a glimpse at what is now considered a "Non-Violent Offense" for which convicts are eligible for "early release"
https://www.laadda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Facts-About-Prop-57-Detailed-Analysis.pdf

Pages 6 thru 9 are particularly disturbing

View attachment 397184
I heard yesterday that Jerry Brown is going to move the charge of knowingly or intentionally exposing or giving AIDS to someone else from a felony to a misdemeanor. It sounds like a Yakov Smirnov skit.......unbelievable.......I guess if you intentionally poison someone but it takes a few years to work, it is a misdemeanor? Maby they will just write you a traffic ticket?

Last Edited:
Look on the bright side - it's worse in CA by a longshot
Have a glimpse at what is now considered a "Non-Violent Offense" for which convicts are eligible for "early release"
https://www.laadda.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Facts-About-Prop-57-Detailed-Analysis.pdf

Pages 6 thru 9 are particularly disturbing

View attachment 397184

that state is past any kind of help. just put the wall around it with mexico or let them secede.

trafficking a minor, assault on an officer with a deadly weapon. and your worried about a magazine having more then 10 rounds.

wtf do you even say to that kind of logic.

Thanks for the links. Most of us here know what was being referred to. My point was more to the lazy "reporting" that we see all to often. We see these buzz phrases repeated over and over in an attempt to drum up outrage but rarely is there any actual unbiased reporting of facts. The term loophole in and of itself is an attempt to delegitimize gun owners and their rights. It's not about the facts, it's about controlling the language.
Understood. I guess I was more trying to actually say something on this site rather than quietly lurk for over a year, just reading and learning.

I bought Alfalfa from a farmer across the river last night (on the Oregon side) We had a conversation about living in Oregon. He was really not happy about it. Typical great conservative guy (raised in Idaho) that hates the state government. That is why property values are 10-15% higher on the Idaho side.........but a million bucks is really cheep for a legislature........I am sure the criminals in Washington (state) would have been much more expensive. They are all bought and paid for.
That's why I hopped the border. Most Oregonians outside the valley are great, freedom loving conservatives that just want to live their lives the best way they know how. I wish Idaho could annex everything and everyone east of the Cascades.

That's why I hopped the border. Most Oregonians outside the valley are great, freedom loving conservatives that just want to live their lives the best way they know how. I wish Idaho could annex everything and everyone east of the Cascades.

Mebbe the Great State of North Jefferson....

Or set up a meeting w/ Bloomberg and Soros and provide an educated push down a tall flight of stairs?

"The uncomfortable fact is that roughly 80% of the US homicide rate is associated with the drug trade,and the drug trade is violent because the drug war reserves it for violent criminals." -- Michael Owen

Or set up a meeting w/ Bloomberg and Soros and provide an educated push down a tall flight of stairs?

Which would make us the same as the left, since using violence for political gain is their go to plan. No, we are better than that and need to reserve violence for direct threat against the Republic, our immediate safety, and the safety of others.

Which would make us the same as the left, since using violence for political gain is their go to plan. No, we are better than that and need to reserve violence for direct threat against the Republic, our immediate safety, and the safety of others.
I was not really serious but, there are times, when tyranny raises its ugly head, and the only solution is to excise the disease for the greater good of the populous. Have you ever had a rabid dog or a "red" dog that just turned vicious?

People like Soros are no better than Pol Pot or Idi Amin or Yassir Arafar IMO

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top