JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If there was a 3-day waiting period for ONLY someone's first gun, that is one thing. But there is nothing more stupid in the world than to walk into a gun shop with a primary pistol at 3 o'clock, a backup gun in my left front pocket, and a load of rifles back home...and then need to wait for 3 days to buy my 5th gun, or my 10th, or my 100th!!! :eek:

If we are (probably) going to get this rammed down out throats, it would be nice if a CHL negated
the wait period. That's how it was in Oregon before the instant check system came along.

I don't remember the old (1980's?) waiting period doing anything for crime, but it was a monumental
pain in the behind.

If we are (probably) going to get this rammed down out throats, it would be nice if a CHL negated
the wait period. That's how it was in Oregon before the instant check system came along.

I don't remember the old (1980's?) waiting period doing anything for crime, but it was a monumental
pain in the behind.
So, if a waiting period had no impact in the 1980's, what would have changed for it to be worthy of reinstituting now? It'll have the same lack of impact.

This is good to know as we will need to get an early start against the 2019 legislature...

THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE . . . IT'S ONE MORE OBSTACLE LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS TO DEAL WITH!!!!!!!!!!

It moves us down the road a little further towaard the democrat goal of negating the 2nd Amendment!!!!!

Sheldon

Last Edited:
There was another thread a few days ago named (governor Brown's plan for new gun control ) that seemed to be removed what's up with that ?

3 day wait then once folks accept that they will make it a 12 day wait like kali. It will destroy the gun shows entirely, nobody will spend money on a show when they can't take the gun home. Better buy today if you want something.

3 day wait then once folks accept that they will make it a 12 day wait like kali. It will destroy the gun shows entirely, nobody will spend money on a show when they can't take the gun home. Better buy today if you want something.

Also if your out of town and stop buy a pawn shop or gun store and see a rare gem at a good price the 3 day wait would sour the deal.

Der Führer will try to pass any anti gun law she can while she can. I am suprised she isnt asking for guns to only be sold on Tuesdays between the hours of 10am and 10:01.

A 'First Step' implies many more steps. Steps to what? They won't be honest so why be surprised at our distrust?

1. criminals won't wait 3 days
2. what proof is there that a waiting period helped anyone
3. state officials have to surrender tax paid security.

By the looks of things; there isn't anything that can stop that "freight train" until it slams into the "terminal"; oh, what a mess that will be...

It's a good thing for the Left that significant numbers of so-called conservatives are "self sufficient" and too busy to vote.....

After the 3 day waiting period, it will be decided to only allow firearm purchases on Thursday. Then only the 4th Thursday of the month. Then only between 7am and 7:30am on the 4th Thursday of the month. Then only on the 9th Thursday of every other year. You know, just common sense compromise by firearms owners.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top