JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look what happened in New Jersey when a woman applied for a permit.

Woman Murdered By Convicted Felon While Waiting For Her Concealed Carry Permit
This is the grand plan. Just dropped another friend from FB. Under, I don't care about your rights. Unfortunately too many women, especially women raising daughters alone, are bringing the pre-victim, mentality. Wait for someone to protect you. It was interesting how my old friend said I was using semantics to make a point!?

Someone wrote it wouldn't have made a difference in this woman's case. We don't know that. Being that her life was in immediate danger, if she had possession of her firearm we don't know what choices she would have made. Why a convicted felon (implying he survived prison) needed a knife to attack a woman (he didn't) confirms the level of people out on the streets. As if we didn't know.

I find it interesting how people judge other people, and misunderstand words, outside of the context of the times they lived in. At the time of the Bill of Rights, the wording of the 2nd Amendment did not seem awkward as it does today. The people of the time by and large spoke "The King's English" and it was very flowery. A "well regulated militia" first of all meant all the people at large could be called up if needed. Secondly, therefore they needed their own weapons and needed to be trained to perform as military units under arms. "well regulated" meant just that within the context of the times... armed and trained.

For a better understanding of how it was, take a look at the Penobscot Expedition... There were military regulars which were supplemented by paying civilians to go, rather than pressing them into service (which was also discussed). Unfortunately, much of problems the expedition had were (caused by) the uninspired performances of the militiamen, lack of effective leadership, and personality conflicts within leadership.

Last Edited:
Someone wrote it wouldn't have made a difference in this woman's case. We don't know that. Being that her life was in immediate danger, if she had possession of her firearm we don't know what choices she would have made. Why a convicted felon (implying he survived prison) needed a knife to attack a woman (he didn't) confirms the level of people out on the streets. As if we didn't know.

Because New Jersey is not a free state, the woman who was killed in her driveway after coming back from work would never have been able to obtain a concealed carry license so even if she had gotten her pistol purchase permit in time it wouldn't have made a difference locked in her bedroom safe and not on her.

I knew an ex felon. Did 8 years but had some people with some bad blood after him. He still carried most days. This was in California. Some people would rather be alive than legal. It's not a perfect situation I couldn't argue his position.

If we are (probably) going to get this rammed down out throats, it would be nice if a CHL negated
the wait period. That's how it was in Oregon before the instant check system came along.

I don't remember the old (1980's?) waiting period doing anything for crime, but it was a monumental
pain in the behind.

I remember
I find it interesting how people judge other people, and misunderstand words, outside of the context of the times they lived in. At the time of the Bill of Rights, the wording of the 2nd Amendment did not seem awkward as it does today. The people of the time by and large spoke "The King's English" and it was very flowery. A "well regulated militia" first of all meant all the people at large could be called up if needed. Secondly, therefore they needed their own weapons and needed to be trained to perform as military units under arms. "well regulated" meant just that within the context of the times... armed and trained.

For a better understanding of how it was, take a look at the Penobscot Expedition... There were military regulars which were supplemented by paying civilians to go, rather than pressing them into service (which was also discussed). Unfortunately, much of problems the expedition had were (caused by) the uninspired performances of the militiamen, lack of effective leadership, and personality conflicts within leadership.

I cant find the link to rat out the church to the IRS . can someone point it out to me. I want to make sure it doesn't get overlooked

Anything she is successful getting . . . will be, "A good first step!"
Democrats . . . If you have a couple of hours I'll tell you how I really feel!!!!

Sheldon
Yes, with the libs it is always compromise. I want a 7-day waiting period, but since we should work together for 'reasonable' 'common sense' gun control, I will agree to a 3-day waiting period.

Nobody needs 1000 rounds of ammo, it should be 250 max, but out of the kindness my heart and in a sprit of working together for 'reasonable' 'common sense' gun control, I will agree to 500 rounds maximum per household ad long as it is locked in a secure space. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top