JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This is my dogs current attitude towards Putin.

FAC961CB-139A-45A6-B348-5E9A098D2912.jpeg

Ukraine was lost years ago. Europe and the US are posturing but Russia is just formally claiming a war already won.

I'm a little surprised Trump said it, even though the media has already twisted it, but the real concern is China. Taiwan needs to be very nervous right now.

And it's time to let Japan re-arm fully and not a token defense force. That'll scare China more than anything. We may have done a good job weakening Japan with our nutjob ways, but at their core they still know how to fight.

Ukraine was lost years ago. Europe and the US are posturing but Russia is just formally claiming a war already won.

I'm a little surprised Trump said it, even though the media has already twisted it, but the real concern is China. Taiwan needs to be very nervous right now.

And it's time to let Japan re-arm fully and not a token defense force. That'll scare China more than anything. We may have done a good job weakening Japan with our nutjob ways, but at their core they still know how to fight.
What we need to do is get Taiwan to take over West Taiwan. That's a unification I could get behind.

ukraine had the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world... they divested under the promise the west would defend them against russia.
Correction, read the Budapest Memorandum 1994. Which was signed by the Russian Federation, United States, and Great Britain. Repeat, it was signed by the Russians. Of the several provisions of same, the US did not agree to defend Ukraine against Russia. What was agreed to was that violations of Ukraine as a non-nuclear state would be referred to the UN. The Ukrainians should've known that referral to the UN was worthless.

Putin later declared that Russia's agreement to the Budapest Memorandum was null and void.

When the Budapest Memorandum was signed, Putin had not yet taken over from Yeltsin and the rebuilding of the Soviet Union hadn't begun. Which is what is in progress now. Ukraine could have opted to keep their nuclear weapons. There were a number of then cogent reasons for them to give them up, many of a technical nature.

In 1991, a vote was taken in Ukraine asking citizens if they wanted to remain part of the Soviet Union or become independent. The vote was over 90% for independence.

Ukraine screwed around too long about joining up with NATO. There may have been a time when this could have been done, before Putin became as emboldened as he is now. Seven eastern European countries formerly in the Soviet Bloc joined NATO in 2004, for example, the three Baltic states. Which had been occupied by Russia for long periods with brief tastes of freedom in between. They were more aware, they weren't fooled by temporary Russian passivity during the Yeltsin era. Deep down inside, they knew that a Russian threat of domination could rear it's ugly head again any time. Now the NATO border is farther east than it was during the Soviet era. The Russian puppet in Belarus has bragged that they (meaning the Russians and Belarussians) could be on the English Channel in two days. Probably won't happen. I think the new NATO border in eastern Europe will be much tougher than Ukraine. Putin's revival of the Soviet Union won't soon include their former vassal states in eastern Europe. But look for a renewal of the Cold War when we have lots of US forces stationed there to keep the Russkies out. If we can afford it.

I think they've been doing that for the last 5+years already.

ukraine had the third largest nuclear arsenal in the world... they divested under the promise the west would defend them against russia.
This should serve as a lesson to other countries who are pressured not to have nukes. Don't give up your nukes. If you don't have any, get some.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Back Top