JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel sorry for you guys.

I know you love your wives and everything, but it is nice to not have to ask anybody for permission, or have to explain to someone about something I bought, or something I have, or any other aspect of how I live my life.

I know you love your wives and everything, but it is nice to not have to ask anybody for permission, or have to explain to someone about something I bought, or something I have, or any other aspect of how I live my life.
Don't feel sorry for us..we'll for me anyway. I love my wife and get to buy what I want....and I don't have to go look for sex...sex looks for me

I have to admit to being sneaky, but only because it's easier than having the conversation where we discuss how much we spend annually on jewelry, manicures, handbags, shoes, etc., and how I spend far less on my hobbies and, oh, by the way I've made money on every gun I've ever bought.

:)

Or go foliage green - stays cooler in the sun like FDE, blends in better west of the Cascades than FDE or OD.
OD or foliage green == better IMO

Never liked FDE - it isn't "dark" despite claiming to be - it is more like Light Tan Clay than Flat Dark Earth.

Dark soil (earth) is a dark chocolate brown, almost black. Just north of Salem is Lake La Bish (not a lake anymore) - the last Salem/Keizer exit. Look at that soil there. It is so rich that it is black. That is what much of the valley used to be like. At most, "dark earth" is a milk chocolate brown, not a light gray.

OD or foliage green == better IMO

Never liked FDE - it isn't "dark" despite claiming to be - it is more like Light Tan Clay than Flat Dark Earth.

Dark soil (earth) is a dark chocolate brown, almost black. Just north of Salem is Lake La Bish (not a lake anymore) - the last Salem/Keizer exit. Look at that soil there. It is so rich that it is black. That is what much of the valley used to be like. At most, "dark earth" is a milk chocolate brown, not a light gray.

Agreed.

FDE on it's own is great in desert areas, but look how well a combination of FDE and Foliage Green blend in almost camo like, and how much black stands out. BTW, this was taken in my back yard in the Portland metro area.

If I went Olive Drab, I'd use Coyote or a darker earth like you suggest.

Sorry all for the massive thread drift...

upload_2014-9-2_18-32-25-jpeg.29336.jpg

Agreed.

FDE on it's own is great in desert areas, but look how well a combination of FDE and Foliage Green blend in almost camo like, and how much black stands out. BTW, this was taken in my back yard in the Portland metro area.

If I went Olive Drab, I'd use Coyote or a darker earth like you suggest.

Sorry all for the massive thread drift...

View attachment 305217
We need a post-apocalyptic urban pattern with colors like charcoal and rust. We can call it "flat scorched earth". :D

Last Edited:
How do we make it happen? I'm not much of an artist.
My first thought would be pick out a few colors that are in the neighborhood of what you want. paint a "something" maybe in jungle tiger stripe with your colors , take pictures and send them into the usual suspects ..magpul, duracoat etc and see if anyone is interested.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews