JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good post pyromancer! I'm fairly new to the board but not to firearms. I bought my first gun (20 ga. shotgun) in 1968 when I was 12 years old. I've been a gun nut ever since.

I really like the discussions & info on this board & don't plan to sell guns on here ... but I have purchased several already.

I'm trying to become a more active poster instead of a lurker. The more we participate the more interesting it is!

I really like the discussions & info on this board & don't plan to sell guns on here ... but I have purchased several already.

I'm trying to become a more active poster instead of a lurker. The more we participate the more interesting it is!

Thanks Nimbus. Like button is bottom right corner of posts BTW.

You can sell what ever you want on here, and if your going to sell why not make your AR's available to this community. Just be part of the community as well.

I feel like there has been an out pouring of people who are finding this board when looking for someplace to sell and make a quick buck lately. I'm not going to tell anyone what they can or cant sell or for how much. Its a free country. However in my mind many of these people have bad attitudes and are doing nothing to provide meaningful content to this board. We shouldn't forget the mission statement of this board or the golden rule. Then again I'm sure it doesn't mean the same things to all of us.

"The Golden Rule of NorthwestFirearms.com

As a member of NorthwestFirearms.com, you are responsible for the public image of this community and of gun owners in general.

Every member needs to be aware of and responsible for how they and this site appear to the public and fellow gun owners, on and off this website. Yes, that means that what you do or say elsewhere, online or off, can jeopardize your membership here. Negativity is the last thing gun owners need; the media does a good enough job providing us with plenty. Unfortunately, it's far too common for one or two of us to give the whole group a bad reputation. If you're unsure if what you're about to say or do could violate this rule, it's probably best that you refrain from saying or doing it. We cannot stress the importance of this enough. Casting a negative light on this community or yourself as a member of this community will result in termination of your membership."

Now that sounds sick to me. Not bad, but sick.

What's sick about it? As i walked out into a dark parking lot while loading numerous newly-purchased black rifles in my truck it was a secure feeling being armed. Even though I have many other options, my little 9mm suits me fine!

What would the happen if There was a one time safe inspection fee of $250.00, a tax per gun of $200.00 and a yearly license of $200.00 per gun? How big of a herd can you afford then? What about prices then?

What would the happen if There was a one time safe inspection fee of $250.00, a tax per gun of $200.00 and a yearly license of $200.00 per gun? How big of a herd can you afford then? What about prices then?

I don't see the relevance of that question? Of course, it would not be wise to pay a $200.00 per year on a bunch of firearms. Is there such a ridiculous proposal somewhere?

Please expound on your hypothesis.

The second amendment is especially precious to me, as we were immigrants and did not have property or the way to defend it. It was outlawed to us. America is the only place we have on earth its the last bastion, my object is to pass on that to my kids and grandchildren. cheap affordable effective guns and morals surpasses all bills and laws

The second amendment is especially precious to me, as we were immigrants and did not have property or the way to defend it. It was outlawed to us. America is the only place we have on earth its the last bastion, my object is to pass on that to my kids and grandchildren. cheap affordable effective guns and morals surpasses all bills and laws

Great thoughts & welcome to America! Now lock & load!

Nimbus, friends don't let friends gouge gun prices.. Be fair and try to sell your gun at a reasonable (yes, it can be higher than normal priced) to somebody who is desperate need of a gun. Remember, if we don't help our fellow American brothers be armed, we may find all of ourselves without any weapons!

I think that if there was a yearly license per gun (I'm assuming the gov't would confiscate if not paid) then that would be considered "infringing" on my right to have one.

"infringe
v infringe [inˈfrindʒ]
to break (a law etc) or interfere with (a person's freedom or rights).
n inˈfringement"

Here's how I see it: Anyone who wanted an AR should have bought one this last summer. With the events of Aurora, it was clear that if the President was reelected, he would push a new AWB after the next tragedy following the election.

Anyone who wanted an AR or AK but chose not to get one earlier rolled the dice by waiting. If they are willing to pay x2-x3 for one now to make sure they can before a AWB, then let them, that's how these things work.

Wouldn't that be akin to a poll tax, i.e. a tax on a constitutionally protected freedom? Not sure if that would hold water.

As far as the op goes, I've got nothing against anybody selling at the market prices. I've already sold anything I had that suddenly appreciated with this crazy market. Figure I can replace it down the road, and if I can't for whatever reason then it is only my fault for having sold.

ETA:
In hindsight I probably sold cheap as I posted ads with prices instead of doing auctions where some are paying utterly ridiculous amounts in their frenzy of panic buying.

Prices go up, prices go down. Sometimes they don't go down. Sometimes they don't go up.

Investing/speculating in an item doesn't make someone a bad guy.

Gouging solely for the sake of massive profit during a time of dire need can make someone a bad guy.
Last I checked, nobody "needed" an AR.
Now, if it were food/water for a massive price while people are dying in the street? that's a bad guy.
Selling otherwise free cans of drinking water for $10/ea after the 1994 LA earthquake when nobody had water to drink? bad guy. (He got his *** handed to him by some local gang members, too.)

I dont think you are a bad guy for buying up some AR's.... I am however jealous. I had just started saving to buy parts to build one, when all this went down. but oh well. I might be doing the same thing if I was financially able. I dont know if I would be selling them though. I guess I will just paint one of my 10/22's black and try and sell it for $900.... lol

Perhaps all the people here who are flaming those who want to sell their AR for whatever price they want should offer up at least one of their ARs for what they were selling for two months ago to prove that they aren't price gougers and are kind an honorable people.

So before you sling mud at another for participating in a free market economy, prove you are what you want others to be by putting your AR up for sale at October 2012 prices.

Any takers? $750 Bushmaster anyone? I'll buy! What the heck, I'll give $850 for a Bushmaster M4.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top