JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why I'm okay with buying cheap….

I'm all for quality and agree "get what you pay for"… I say often enough to others "buy once, cry once".

I'm not rich and in some cases not patient enough to be prudent with $$$ to buy the best when it comes to my toys. But I've paid taxes since my high school signed a work permit and earned an honest wage. My bills are paid, own a home and vehicles. Wife and kids do not want. Kids will go to school after K-12 education ends, If they want. I also believe in insurance/preparedness (work injury, illnesses, death, EOTWAWKI….

I have decent weapons, firearms, vehicles, insurance, food, preps, gear and, tools. Once I drive down to what I like and want.

Now that I've reinforced my ego with a rational justification…(I'm an idiot)…. I'm a cheap toy guy. A cheap A#%!! But why?
I was late to reloading..
I was late to the "Black rifle" life, late to 300 BLK, and late to PCCs….

So I start cheap….. I'm okay with buying twice just to see if it's something I enjoy. I'm okay with little to no resale value, to be sure I want to invest in more. The attack on 2A is pushing me little faster than I care for.
Wanted to see if I'd enjoy a 9mm AR…. I do! And would trust a GLOK mag lower. But for now I just made what I had work.

I like it here at NWFAs I appreciate y'all.
I got to experience the performance in PCC without much shopping. Upper from classifieds here. ENDO was the only part missing…. and buffer spring/weight.

All that for a Product review?…
…...Endo Mag. 9mm Pmag AR conversion. Pleasant experience so far.

No feed issues.
Easy install….. can still purchase in cap. restricted states. A son of a gun to load….. really.

I didn't imagine the ejector lasting this long….approx 600-700 rnds in this one mag, with little to no wear visible.

What do you think?
It's gonna smash out sooner or later?

If you didn't know….. when the bolt comes back after firing, the case is carried back into the plastic ejector molded into conversion over hanging the feed lips of Pmag. So the case doesn't eject with mag removed.

68A71989-03A1-4220-B0C6-4E7C2CAAB54E.jpeg

I have mostly name brand what are considered "quality arms"

I also have purchased the cheapest

870 clone that runs flawlessly
and
budget 1911 that also runs out well

That's what's great about the hobby, no end to research, experimentation and finding what "you" like.

I'm all for quality and agree "get what you pay for"… I say often enough to others "buy once, cry once".
I have mixed thoughts about the comment above, in general I think it is accurate.
But most of us have bought an expensive item, it doesn't have to be gun related, that failed to be as good as a cheaper alternative and vice versa (think * * * vs Toyota).
There are examples in the firearm industry where a large brand name company has simply relabeled an existing cheaper item and then resold that exact item at a higher price.
This is an area where the buyer needs to do some homework if they want the best value for their money... Those who insist that just because an item is more expensive equates higher quality are as incorrect as those who believe the opposite, that cheap is always equal to expensive and think they just found a better deal then everyone else.

As for buying cheap items. Personally I find that I don't get more enjoyment out of buying a more expensive item versus a cheap item. In fact sometimes it's less, especially with food items at restaurants. I do get more enjoyment when I feel like I got a great deal on an item.

Regarding endo mags I do have some but haven't tried them yet. I also have a dedicated glock mag lower and a lower with a mag block conversion for colt style mags. Of course I haven't tried those either. Maybe when I semi retire, I will be able to find the time to compare them.

I find great joy in discovering a "cheap" or "inexpensive" toy is just as good or better than a more expensive version.

For example: I remember the first time I rented a Staccato P... every round was on target, regardless of how quickly I fired. I learned that day how much a quality trigger and overall balance contributes to accuracy.

Then I saw the price of that accuracy 😱

I embarked on a mission to find the same level of performance at a more reasonable price point. More than a month later I found the Bul Armory Government which was 1/3 the price of the Staccato but with the same speed and accuracy (my profile picture is from my second outing with it - 20 rounds Blazer Brass 124gr, one flyer at 7 yards). Only drawback is magazine capacity - it is a 1911, not a 2011, but I'll take the trade-off.

Since then, I've picked up a Tisas 1911 Duty Model. It is almost as accurate as the Staccato (after breaking it in), but comes in at only 1/8th of the cost (found it on sale for $330). I grin every trip to the range with the extra ammo I can afford with the savings.

That said, I have been burned by other "cheap" purchases, so it's not all roses all the time. (several of my Glock safe queens will find themselves posted here someday...)

Re get what you pay for, quality is quality irregardless of how much you pay for it. Likewise junk is junk irregardless of price. A $20,000-$50,000 Hublot automatic watch is probably gonna break before an Orient $150 automatic watch.

The secret is doing your research and weeding out the junk (as well as myths and repeated innacurate info) and finding the quality. Don't take it on "authority" of what someone said, or because you will have name recognition at the range or wherever, or because of some repeated myth, find out for yourself. If you can get good quality for a low price that's great cuz that leaves more $ for other things. Especially today when the same product made in the same factory can have different brand names (often with slight tweaks to make them look different) and cost 10x more for literally the same thing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top