JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry for your loss and wish peace to you and your family.

Every time I hear about someone who lost a four legged member of the family brings back a lot of feelings of loss for all the times I've gone through this myself, yet it also brings back a lot of happy memories of those that are no longer with us; bittersweet to say the least. As I'm sure it is for you and all of us that have been in the same situation.

Ray

Been where you are a number of times and each passing hurts so much. Condolences.

In my version of Heaven you get your dogs and guns back, so you can at least take solace in that.

Sorry for your loss!!

As I was reading this thread Markley crawled onto my lap and started purring. Sometimes pets know when YOU need attention.

Many of us have been where you are, brother. Read "The Rainbow Bridge" and dwell not upon your loss, but the gift you were allowed to share for so long.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE (www.rainbowbridge.com)

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

My oldest surviving hunting hound had to be put down tonight due to bone cancer. It was a total surprise. My wife took her to the vet because she was suddenly limping badly. I am out of town and couldn't be there. She was 12 years old, and a beautiful and loving girl. Goodbye Mt. Hood's Blue Molalla, "Molly". There's no pain where you are now.
View attachment 336443
So sad. It's always sad to lose a pet, especially a good loyal hunting hound.

It's better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all.

Pets are my favorite people, pure, gracious, giving. A bond w/a dog is like no other, you are their everything and they will do anything for you. The sun rises and sets on you in your dogs world, it's a responsibility not to be taken lightly. Those that appreciate it and bask in it's purity know what I mean. That bond, even when parted is never broken, I still get teary over some of my past friends (like right freakin' now....).

Appreciate what you had and it will never be gone. Sorry for your loss.

Was she a Walker? Had a couple, beautiful creatures.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top