JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why I'm all for banning diesel pickups. Right there. Two words "roll coal". Blowing that black soot all along my car, in my window, jackasses doing aight to be taught a lesson

Now, the reality of it is that I would not interfere with another individuals purchase of a legally owned item. I'm all for making them not able to roll black smoke out the back/side/top of them.

Your Authoritarianism is showing ;)

This isn't just about pickups.

I work in the trucking industry and it would be devastating to a large portion of it.
Not just the OTR trucks but Vocational equipment as well like concrete mixers, pumpers and types of equipment like that.
It's expensive enough as it is maintaining them. Forget about replacing a fleet of mixers or pumpers.
The cab and chassis would be bad enough. The labor to swap it all over and get it working right would be long and expensive as well.

And retrofitting? yeah right, that works out real well. Seen plenty of California abortions to not recommend that. It just doesn't work that way, those engines were not set up that way from the beginning and they don't run right.

As with all things technical there are delete kits now for even the new ones.
For Cummins you send off the ECU and it's reprogrammed to be just a normal diesel.
Gut the cat, filter and SCR. Everything is still installed but nothing works. No EGR nothing.

Our Paving company would loose 11 4) axle dump trucks 3) 3 axle dump trucks 3) 3 axle water trucks One of our Heavy hauler trucks we move equipment with. We have heard this would also effect our equipment fleet so 5) of our Excavators 4 of our Paving machines 3 of our rollers 5 of our backhoes.

In a nut shell at $225000.00 to replace a Dump Truck (we could use our existing trailers with the new trucks otherwise looking at $290,000.00) Paving machines the two big Cats run over 1/2 Million each the smaller machines about 1/4 mil. Not sure on the Cat 375 345 325 320 excavators cost but I would guess they average close to 1/3 of a million and then we also have another older excavator we just bought.

In a nut shell the most active paving company in the middle valley would be out of business.

HB2007 only applies to vehicles whose owners are in Multnomah, Clackamas, or Washington counties.
https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB2007

Your Authoritarianism is showing ;)
Haha! Don't get me started on loud motorcycles and exhaust pipe right by my ear... anyone have a stick for the spokes?

I'm already hard enough hearing that I don't need to have to protect my ears when driving in my car down a road in town (same noise issue with unmuffled diesels)

Haha! Don't get me started on loud motorcycles and exhaust pipe right by my ear... anyone have a stick for the spokes?

I'm already hard enough hearing that I don't need to have to protect my ears when driving in my car down a road in town (same noise issue with unmuffled diesels)

Sorry can you say again, I was connecting a train horn to my truck

This isn't just about pickups.

As with all things technical there are delete kits now for even the new ones.
For Cummins you send off the ECU and it's reprogrammed to be just a normal diesel.
Gut the cat, filter and SCR. Everything is still installed but nothing works. No EGR nothing.

It's not about pickups at all - how many have a GVWR of 14K+? Not very many. My '97 one ton flatbed (12V Cummins) dually has a GCWR of of less than 14K (12.5K IIRC) and it is a HD flatbed, not a pickup. The newer diesel trucks that are already emissions compliant and not affected, might have a GVWR of 12K or more, and the more HD trucks - usually cab/chassis/flatbeds like the Dodge 4500 and up have the newer emissions compliant diesels. So not many pickups no.

How many in this thread have read the text of the bill?

This applies only to Multnomah, Clackamas, and WA counties. There are exclusions for farm vehicles, RVs and such.

I don't care for the bill, but for several reasons it won't impact me:

1) By the time it goes into effect, I will not be living in any of the counties in the bill - that is the plan anyway.

2) My current truck and my smaller pickup, don't fall into the weight ratings mentioned in the bill. I haven't converted my pickup to diesel yet, but is a '92 Toyota and well below the 14K GVWR weight rating. The larger truck doesn't have current tags - I don't drive it on the road right now, only on my property, and later I plan to convert it and license it as an RV.

As for those people/business that have a commercial truck fleet that license them in the three counties - yes, this will be a headache - but that is what is coming because of population density. For some it might make sense to license them outside those counties.

HB2007 only applies to vehicles whose owners are in Multnomah, Clackamas, or
It's not about pickups at all - how many have a GVWR of 14K+? Not very many. My '97 one ton flatbed (12V Cummins) dually has a GCWR of of less than 14K (12.5K IIRC) and it is a HD flatbed, not a pickup. The newer diesel trucks that are already emissions compliant and not affected, might have a GVWR of 12K or more, and the more HD trucks - usually cab/chassis/flatbeds like the Dodge 4500 and up have the newer emissions compliant diesels. So not many pickups no.

How many in this thread have read the text of the bill?

This applies only to Multnomah, Clackamas, and WA counties. There are exclusions for farm vehicles, RVs and such.

I don't care for the bill, but for several reasons it won't impact me:

1) By the time it goes into effect, I will not be living in any of the counties in the bill - that is the plan anyway.

2) My current truck and my smaller pickup, don't fall into the weight ratings mentioned in the bill. I haven't converted my pickup to diesel yet, but is a '92 Toyota and well below the 14K GVWR weight rating. The larger truck doesn't have current tags - I don't drive it on the road right now, only on my property, and later I plan to convert it and license it as an RV.

As for those people/business that have a commercial truck fleet that license them in the three counties - yes, this will be a headache - but that is what is coming because of population density. For some it might make sense to license them outside those counties.

It's not as easy to licence out of owners area like it used to be.

Rolling coal at the "office". Too bad I can't put wheels on the place & roll through downtown pdx

A212DFF3-9366-4443-A704-A58C418434A9.jpeg E4A1AE6B-AA3A-494B-8AB2-A1058B910CE4.jpeg D875AEC2-4BE4-49AF-924E-8F2BB65B3FB9.jpeg

It's not as easy to licence out of owners area like it used to be.

No it isn't. But for some people it is an option and for some businesses I suspect this is maybe something they will try if it is convenient to do so - some may move their business just enough to avoid registration within those three counties (I personally live 1000 feet from the Yamhill/WA county line and my address is Newberg which is well within Yamhill county - I might be able to bluff DMV into thinking I live in Yamhill county if they don't look too closely at the map).

My main point was that this doesn't affect all of Oregon.

So, my 1993 Dodge Cummins is now on the Outlaw list? COOL
Come and Get me suckers! I make my own smoke screen!

Actually, mine doesn't roll coal, and I make more power then a lot of those souped up smokers!:D
It's called TUNED!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads